Pre-cruise NYC hotel

Katie333

Hi all,

We are cruising from NYC next September and would like to stay at a hotel that is either in Mid-Town (Times Square) or in the Upper West Side close to the museums (as that is where we will spend most of our time).

Prices are crazy but I guess that's NYC .... any suggestions? How far is Midtown or UWS to the cruise pier?

Kate:o

Distance-wise, both locations are similar (42nd and Broadway to 55th and 12th versus mid-upper 70's and Central Park West to 55th and 12th). I think my criteria would be price/quality of the hotel, and ease of getting a taxi; I've never stayed in the 70's, but suspect Times Square may have more of a selection; however, it's more expensive than some of the more out-of-the-way locations. The subway (when running - presumably the strike will be over soon:o ) is very convenient to the museums if you stay in the Times Square area. Do an online search through the major travel sites and develop a list of possible sites, then come back here to see whether anyone has any input on them. (There are also some older threads on this board regarding New York hotels; if they're still here, you can find them with the search feature.) Hope this helps!

Archived