Sunshine family cruise - just got back!

myacuna

Yes, thanks for the review. But it does not make me feel this this will be a fun 8 days when we go this May. We have been sailing on NCL the last 6 times and thought we would give Carnival another chance. Might of been a mistake.

I usually do the self park at terminal 10 (NCL) and had no problems. Was going to do the same for terminal 5 (Carnival). Another concern for me after the review.

I really think you’ll be fine. As long as it’s not a holiday weekend it shouldn’t be too crazy. 7

Night cruises tend to be a little more laid back. We arrived at port at a bad time due to delays with sunshine getting into port along with 2 or 3 other large ships changing over which I think caused the delays.

Please go into your cruise with an open mind and a good spirit, otherwise you will not have fun.

I was SO SICK on this cruise. I had positional vertigo and nothing I did made me feel better. I struggled the whole time. But I had an amazing time with my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey!

I am so sorry I am just now seeing this.

It’s been quite awhile since i sailed brilliance but I think we’re going back on her in September. She’s a beautiful ship with a good amount of things to do for kids. I can’t comment on how a 14 year old would like it. I think sunshine would offer more. I find food on carnival to be slightly better than RCCL (base food, some specialities like wonderland are out of the world amazing). But I’ve never starved on either.

I usually compare itineraries of Charleston, Jax, P.C., and Tampa. For our fall cruise we want to do Disney so it was actually between P.C. and Tampa and we only considered RCCL this time (husbands choice). Brilliance won for itinerary and ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem! We actually totally switched gears and booked on the Carnival Conquest. One more day for almost the same price and I am both familiar with the ship and the port. Thanks for responding!