Question About NFL Playoff Games and CB

medundon

My husband and I are sailing on the Caribbean Princess beginning January 7. January 7 and 8 are the dates of the first NFL playoff games. It appears that our team – the Jacksonville Jaguars – will be in a wildcard game. I understand from the boards that the MUTS feature NFL games and I presume that playoffs would be no exception. My question is this: If the Jags play on Saturday, are the MUTS NFL games delayed or shown in real time?

:confused: I will have a disappointed husband if he misses significant portions of the game due to boarding, life-boat drills, etc.

:( Note to self: Don’t book future cruises during playoff season.

Thanks for your responses.

I don't know about whether the playoff games will be shown and if so, which ones but I would suggest that if there are events and shows you absolutely, positively don't want to miss, get TiVO. Just program it ahead of time and the shows/programs will be there for you to watch at your leisure when you get home.

Thanks, Pam. We will record the game as a last resort but, as any football fanatic will tell you, watching the game without knowing the outcome before hand is important. It may be impossible to avoid knowing the outcome of the game before watching the replay - newspaper headlines and all that. But thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks, Pam. We will record the game as a last resort but, as any football fanatic will tell you, watching the game without knowing the outcome before hand is important. It may be impossible to avoid knowing the outcome of the game before watching the replay - newspaper headlines and all that. But thanks for the suggestion.
I understand completely. I've found that when I'm on a cruise, what I think is so very important loses it's immediacy and importance.

My husband and I are sailing on the Caribbean Princess beginning January 7. January 7 and 8 are the dates of the first NFL playoff games. It appears that our team – the Jacksonville Jaguars – will be in a wildcard game. I understand from the boards that the MUTS feature NFL games and I presume that playoffs would be no exception. My question is this: If the Jags play on Saturday, are the MUTS NFL games delayed or shown in real time?

If they show the game, and they probably will, it will be shown live, in real-time. Last January we watched the NFL play-off games on the CB's MUTS (they're also on the regular TV in your room).

Oh, wait...the game might be on the turn-around day? I don't think they will show the games on turn-around day. I hope they do, I know what it's like to miss the game when your favorite team plays.

We just came off the Sapphire Princess, and I was very happy when they showed the Redskins/Dallas game. I didn't think they would show the game.

Thanks, Paul. It takes another football fan to understand the gravity of this predicament! We should know shortly if the game will be played on Saturday or Sunday – keeping our fingers crossed for Sunday. It’s an “at sea” day, which would be perfect for a playoff game on MUTS. As I said, I will not make the mistake again of booking a cruise during playoff season.

Archived