Disembarking at Havana

swanee4

Can anyone tell me what time I can expect to be off the Veendam in Cuba if the ship docks at 8:00? I am on an independent tour in Havana.

There is no sure way you can get an answer, having just been there myself on the Veendam. They will let the HAL tours get off first, and they have to clear the ship first which is another variable. Plus there can be lines for both immigration and money exchange. We even had our HAL tour time changed at the last minute.

To say this is a work in progress for all parties is one way of describing this, or maybe this is business as usual in Cuba - too early to tell. The funny thing is once you hit the very nice cruise terminal and look out the door, all of fascinating Havana is at your feet. Hope it works out for you and you enjoy your visit very much. It did appear most of the tour people had cell phones so if you have independent arrangements this might be a way of updating any agent you intend to meet on shore, if you can find a way to use your own cell phone - word is that is hard too.