Jacks Shack/Margaritaville- any activities?

luckynumber6

Hello! Will be there in GT in June. Have not been there before, but have cruised . I have read through the posts - just need a little help. We are traveling with our 5 kids ( ages 21-15). The older ones will be content to sit and drink at a beach, but the younger ones want some activity. Are there activities ( for purchase) at Jacks or Margaritaville that my younger ones could do? As I would love to simply sit and watch them be active for a few hours :). Also, renting golf carts? We are completely capable of walking and prefer as cheaper as we must budget with large family...BUT I guess I am confused the purpose for golf carts...where do you go? Maybe I missed something...

In advance I want to say thanks for nay help. I have also used the information I find on cruise critic or the help on here to plan great vacations for my family.

My goal is to plan an inexpensive day ( somewhat) in GT that makes everyone happy ...

At Margaritaville they have the Flowrider. I think you can buy an unlimited pass. I’m sure even the youngest would be old enough. You can rent snorkel equipment. Walk down to Jack’s Shack and Topher the dog will entertain. Walk to the right to the “conch graveyard “ and look for shells.

It’s a great “cheaper” day as you COULD go back to the ship for lunch. Enjoy. I’ll be there in 2 weeks!

Hello! Will be there in GT in June. Have not been there before, but have cruised . I have read through the posts - just need a little help. We are traveling with our 5 kids ( ages 21-15). The older ones will be content to sit and drink at a beach, but the younger ones want some activity. Are there activities ( for purchase) at Jacks or Margaritaville that my younger ones could do? As I would love to simply sit and watch them be active for a few hours :).

-- At Jack's, not so much. It's basically a bar and grill with pretty cool owners and the Caribbean's most famous (and very friendly) dog. :)

-- At Margaritaville, yes. They might want to try out the Flow-rider (surf simulator) there. It's near the far side of the big Margaritaville pool. There is a charge, but it's not too terribly bad.

Besides that, if your younger ones are swimmers or snorkelers, there are several places close to the cruise terminal where they can go snorkeling. I was just there last Saturday and saw a decent number of fish (and maybe a baby barracuda :o ) out in the deeper water along the safety line (pretty close to the ship). They could also walk to Governor's Beach (past the commercial pier to the left, accessible by the road) for some reportedly good snorkeling. If you don't bring your own, snorkel gear is available for rental on the beach.

Also, renting golf carts? We are completely capable of walking and prefer as cheaper as we must budget with large family...BUT I guess I am confused the purpose for golf carts...where do you go? Maybe I missed something...

In advance I want to say thanks for nay help. I have also used the information I find on cruise critic or the help on here to plan great vacations for my family.

My goal is to plan an inexpensive day ( somewhat) in GT that makes everyone happy ...

People rent golf carts (or cars, or ATVs, or scooters) because...while all of the above that I mentioned is close to the pier and free (or relatively cheap), anything else on the island would require a prohibitively long walk. Cockburn Town (pronounced Co-burn Town) would be a pretty long walk from the pier and the lighthouse at the northeastern tip of the island is probably 5 or 6 miles away.