Frustrated with Lack on Info on Alaska Cruise Tour Land Portion

handbellplayer

Do you belong to AAA? The agents there will help you out. Join if you aren't a member That's the only cost. It's worth the bucks to end your frustrations.

I do belong to AAA. As a matter of fact, they are my TA for this Alaska cruise! I talked to her earlier in the week and she was going to check on it for me. It's just vague on the exact times that we can do stuff on our own so I'm not sure what we can book excursion wise on the last land day. I may not be able to pre-book anything unless I can get some firm times. I'm not stressing too bad but I do like to have a plan (I'm not too good at "flying by the seat of my pants" :')

We have AAA as the agent but use them sparingly. Just to answer questions. They do give a couple of freebies like VIP check in. We’re going in August with Princess. They’re good at listing times for just about everything but they do say “afternoon free” or “morning free”. We’ve only got one excursion booked in Denali thru Princess. It’s an 11 hour tour of the park. We’ll walk/hike the remainder.

• 3 weeks later...
I have posted a couple of times about this, but I haven’t received any helpful responses. We are booked on a southbound Alaska cruise (with pre-cruise land tour) on Millennium in August. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get any detailed information on the optional excursions for the land portion of the cruise tour. Please don’t tell me that I made a mistake booking the land portion as part of the trip as opposed to DIY – that ship has sailed. From everything I can glean from these boards, we will be given our options for optional excursions when we arrive in Alaska. So, we have to make snap decisions that day about very expensive excursions? Has anyone had any luck getting any info on land-based excursions? I am a planner by nature and want to do research on any excursions. So do I have to live with my decision to book a pre-cruise tour with the Celebrity, or can someone help me with how to get more info?

This is directly from my travel agent. We are on Millennium starting 6/8. This basically tells you your options but you can't book until you get there.

Here is the answer:

go to Alaska & Canada Cruisetours | Celebrity Cruise Tours

Alaska & Canada Cruisetours | Celebrity Cruise Tours

With Celebrity Cruises, you will experience the best of Alaska and Canada by land and sea. Book your unforgettab...

look for resources

look for excursions

there should be info of excursions during cruise & during land

No pre-purchase all on arrival.

• 5 weeks later...
Wow, we are also booked on a pre cruise land tour with Celebrity before our 6/29 cruise departs. Ours is 4 days. I was not aware that there was anything optional - my belief was there will be full day tours/travel each day and the only thing not included was meals - otherwise what exactly are we paying for? I started to have some remorse about not DIY'g it but when I looked into a one way car rental picking up in Fairbanks & ending in Seward, the cost was prohibitive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on the same tour, I think but ours is 6 nights (Grand Heartland 7 B Tour). Spoke with the Celebrity agent to get a list of hotels. I was told that a 16 page itinerary and other info will be e-mailed to us in about 2 weeks. I also understand from other posts, that we will be kept quite busy. The agent I spoke with had done this tour and said it was fantastic, especially the train ride!

Bonnie

Edited by goldenmom

I am on the same tour, I think but ours is 6 nights (Grand Heartland 7 B Tour). Spoke with the Celebrity agent to get a list of hotels. I was told that a 16 page itinerary and other info will be e-mailed to us in about 2 weeks. I also understand from other posts, that we will be kept quite busy. The agent I spoke with had done this tour and said it was fantastic, especially the train ride!

Bonnie

My husband and I are on the 5 day Celebrity Cruisetour from Anchorage beginning on May 13. The land portion itinerary is included in your Edocs which we received a couple of weeks ago. I had trouble opening the Edocs. Had to ‘allow popups’ on my laptop to see and print them.