help!!! my cruise is ruined!!

abteer

What one poster said about suitcases not fitting under the beds: we used to have that problem until we lifted the beds up, slid the cases under, and lowered the beds! :o

About the snoring mother-in-law: has she ever had a sleep study done? She sounds like she may have sleep apnea, which can be health threatening. My DH is having a study done next week. His snoring is keeping me out of the bedroom! And the gasping! EEk!:eek:

It sounds like the OP has solved the dilemma.

Have a great cruise!:)

nah we lifted the beds up, and put em everywhere else... finally the room attendent took two suitcases and put them in storage for us for the week, cause there was just no more room...

At least you tried, which is more than we did the first 2 cruises! :o

Thank God for cabin stewards!

At least you tried, which is more than we did the first 2 cruises! :o

Thank God for cabin stewards!

Yeah, you should have seen the look on our steward's face when I asked if she could "loose a chair", :D LOL...she didn't understand until I told her it was just too much furniture in the room.

A bit later, she was taking it out, so I gave her $5.00 for doing that. THEN, I had to walk by that chair, in a storage area, by the hallway, for the entire cruise......I really felt bad that they had to deal with it being in their way all week, LOL...but she made about $50.00 from me, for a 4 night cruise...:rolleyes: so I think they got over it.

Guest cruzr44
Thank you I feel so much better. We are going to go with the 2 inside cabins. I work from home and I'll just pick up a few more shifts than normal to cover it.

TahoeBob; She may be given the option of jail. A few months back she was caught with a rv full of the stuff. She goes jan 17th to find out, although I think she'll get a slap on the hand.

I am going to cancel our excursion at ocho rios though and book ourselves for a day at Sunset Beach Resort. But keep our grand cayman stringray tour, cuz I am soooo looking forward to that. I feel much better. Hey at least i get to take back her xmas presents and maybe buy some luggage???!!!

If you have not already done this, to save some money book an independent stingray tour (not through the ship), less crowded and less expensive. Go to the ports of call for lots of info http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

Two cabins is a good choice. We had a cabin on deck three all the way forward and it was fine. Just heard what sounded like the hydraulics lowering the anchor in the morning which wasn't really bad. It wasn't the sound of the anchor banging around just a humming sound.

About the snoring mother-in-law: has she ever had a sleep study done? She sounds like she may have sleep apnea, which can be health threatening. My DH is having a study done next week. His snoring is keeping me out of the bedroom! And the gasping! EEk!:eek:

For the first 12 years of my marriage I did not sleep more than 4 hours per night. My husband snored like a freight train. He would even wake himself up! He then went to our regular doctor who referred him to a neurologist, who in turn referrend him to an ENT doctor. The ENT examined him and found two problems - blockage from scar tissue and cartilage (football=broken nose multiple times) and a weakened esophagus.

Both problems were surgically corrected (3 years ago) and I have slept like a baby ever since. There is hope!

The extra bathroom, the relief from the snoring, and the thrill of a first cruise, ...these are the positive pieces of the path you have chosen to follow from your dilemma. I know you wish you could use the $160 for the on-board and excursion expenses, but good for you for showing some terrific perspective about grabbing some extra shifts to earn it.

I do think that many on the boards extend their own experiences or preferences to others too often--many times well meaning posters write that "you won't spend much time in your cabin" but I choose not to make such statements about people I don't know. First--perhaps with a larger more comfortable stateroom you might spend more time there--the suites tend to fill up, so SOMEONE is appreciating the extra space. Some might not value the extra room, and that's fine, but plenty of people do--or even if the room is "standard", just the privacy. And perhaps the serenity of a cruise, especially one where children are in a different cabin, could lead to some "private" reasons to spend some time in the cabin, just the two of you;) . It is a vacation, after all!

Regarding your sister. Too bad she doesn't take a cruise. I am srue she would try to bring stuff back with her and then she would get nailed by the dogs at the port and then it is a federal issue. No slap on the wrist in federal court. Then maybe she would accept/get help.

First, let me offer my sympathy for the situation with your sister. She's chosen the path she's on and I completely agree with you trying to protect your children.

As for the luggage, if you find you don't have enough room, ask your cabin steward to store it for you. Normally they're more than happy to do it for you.

LNF

I can do better than that....

We had 2 teens and 2 adults in a D1 balcony on the Adventure. Was it tight in there? You betcha! But we couldn't afford 2 cabins and wanted a balcony. Yes, we survived. We didn't spend that much time in the cabin anyway, plus the balcony provided some extra room.

I can do even better than that...

I have stayed in an interior room with 2 adults and 2 teenage GIRLS!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just think how crammed you will be and to hear snoring on top of that is not worth the savings at all. We are not overflowing with extra money and I watch what we spend, but getting 2 cabins is far worth the price than feeling uncomfortable the entire cruise. You are suppose to be having fun...can you imagine all of you getting ready in that small cabin, with one bathroom. And to send DH to the spa.... not a good option in my opinion. Not what a vacation should be. So get the 2 cabins, the inside for the price is only a bit over the 3/4 rate, and keep your eyes on the prices...they may fall. GL.... And about the FO , without 5 there they will not let you book. If 5 do not show up for the cabin they still charge you for that person. Work it out, it will be just the same as 2 cabins.... and you will enjoy it more with 2 cabins.

We have always booked guarantee inside and last cruise we ended up with the 3rd room from the front of the ship on the 2nd deck. I was really worried but I did not notice a thing. The cruise before that I was on the 7th deck in the middle of the ship. Both rooms were the same as far as feeling anything.

Go and Enjoy!

[quote name='Clarkk W Griswald']I can do better than that....
We had 2 teens and 2 adults in a D1 balcony on the Adventure. Was it tight in there? You betcha! But we couldn't afford 2 cabins and wanted a balcony. Yes, we survived. We didn't spend that much time in the cabin anyway, plus the balcony provided some extra room.[/quote]

I can do even BETTER!!
myself 22, my boyfriend 20, my mother and my father shared an inside room on the Grandeur. You can bet that was tough. We managed quite well, and if had to I would do it again.

Archived