Another Mariner Question...

I don't think you can count on it, but it's possible.

The Brilliance actually had a priest on crew and there was mass everyday. If there is a priest traveling as a guest, he will often say mass daily for any interested passengers. Otherwise, there is no service or an ecumenical service on Sunday morning.

Cruising Cows,

You could get a more informed answer by calling RCI direct or your travel agent. We are sailing on Mariner on the 8th also. You should visit our Meet and Mingle thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5393107#post5393107 You will be able to chat with others sailing with you. See you in less than 2 weeks....................Hope your Dad has fun too. Wish I had my Dad still with us to sail on Mariner. He would have enjoyed it..................MJN

You'll love the Mariner. I just returned and it was my second cruise on this beautiful ship. There is a Skylight Chapel on the 15th Floor (accessible by stairs from the 14th floor) and on my first cruise, an informal interdenominational Christian service was held there on Sunday morning. However, if the ship is returning to port on Sunday morning, due to the disembarkation process, there may not be such a service scheduled. The Chapel is open for private meditation during the cruise.

Celebrity is the only line that you can be assured that a Catholic priest will be on board. The original owners of X were Catholic and as part of the sale require a priest on board at all times. Royal Carbiiean and others, it is a matter as to whether a priest happens to book that cruise.

On Explorer there was a Sunday mass as there was a priest on board as a guest. That was also back when she was sailing Saturday-Saturday. With a Sunday-Sunday sailing like Mariner does, i wonder if it might be logistically more difficult to have mass aboard. Sunday is a very busy day for the crew.

Archived