Thinking if Royal Princess Jan. 2019. Bringing three kids.

darktone

My friends took their 12 yr old grandkids on the Hawaii cruise out of SF earlier this year. First cruise for both kids and they absolutely loved it. They couldn’t fit everything in they wanted to do during at sea days and the crew learned their names and gave them special attention. They didn’t go to the kids club much.

We are skipping school this October with the 11 yr olds. Older son staying home since he doesn't want to miss school. The kids enjoy club with minimal kids and with a large turnout. We have been on a So America cruise with very few children and a few Off season/school time cruises where # of kids were in single digits or <20 and have not had kids club closed despite advertising noting they may not offer if < 20 kids, etc. Our kids love Princess. Im sure you will have a wonderful time in January.

It was always my understanding that the 20 kid provision was only applicable to the "small" ships (now only Pacific Princess). This ship does not have dedicated children's facilities and may not run a club if there are fewer than 20. I didn't think the 20 kid provision applied to ships with dedicated facilities.

We did a 15 day Panama canal cruise on the Island a few years ago where there were less than 12 kids on board. They combined age groups, but ran a full program every day.