Help! I don't know where to start planning the specifics...

lisabees

Dear Lisa,

You are getting a lot of good advice. I have thought of a few more things. For the 3 yr old I would still take the umbrella stroller. It is a godsend in the airports and during the day and evening when the child gets tired. I dragged mine to Hawaii and it was the best thing. Also, if the child still naps you should try keep to that schedule. It means one of you has to stay in the cabin but it makes for a happier child at dinner and in the evening.

As I said before your children will love Adventure Ocean. They are divided by age groups. There is a late night, after 10 PM, that costs $5 per hour per child. The older kids might enjoy it. A word of warning. There is an arcade near Adventure Ocean. It's a good idea to put a limit on the older ones Seapass. There is a machine there that the kids can insert their cards into and get more credit on the card. We found this out the hard way. There are special nights at AO. One of them is Pirate's Night. Our son was 8, so that's the age group that does it. Find out when the Pirates will take over the ship. You'll love seeing your little pirate.

You can check your Seapss on the TV everyday and it has your account up to date. This is helpful and how we found out about the machine at the arcade. There will also be no surprises at the end.

Go to RCI website and look at the excursions. They are explained and detail appropriateness for age and difficulty. You can book online ahead and your tickets will be in your stateroom.

Pick a night and send the kids to AO. You and your husband should treat yourself to one of the specialty restaurants. It will cost $20 PP. You will enjoy it and you deserve it.

As one of the previous posters said. Relax and start dreaming of your wonderful vacation. As I said before YOU WILL BECCOME ONE OF US-an ADDICT to cruising.

LisaBees as far as packing make a list and check it twice. As far as any medication for sea sickness for your children check with your pediatrician. Have a great time!

Lisa, as a registered nurse in a Pediatrics office, I have been instructed by the pediatricians to advise parents that administering Benadryl just before traveling is helpful for young children to avoid motion sickness. It is also helpful in avoiding the ear discomfort that pressure changes cause when flying. As always, check with your Pediatrician.

As for dress codes, even on formal evenings my son has gone to dinner dressed in casual clothes. I've finally convinced him to wear slacks and a button shirt, and he even sometimes wears a tie. He has never been turned away from the restaurant. I've seen more people dressed in what a person might choose to wear to Church than dressed formally. Don't stress over the suggested dress code, and enjoy yourself!:D

CUIzer 2 you need to get a life!!!! Formal nights are for people to come formal! Many people like and enjoy it! If you want to schlepp around go on carnival!

Perhaps you should re-read my posts. As I have pointed out, I do comply with the suggested dress code. I just don't have a problem with someone who does not. And my life is fine thank you. How is yours?

Archived