Did anyone see the star leave??

suey

Did anyone see the star leave? Has she left? The cruise cam seemed to be stuck for a while and now has gone black. Although I just heard that Channel 7 news is covering it. I went and had a look at her this morning after I dropped Chaz off at airport, she looked nice but looked small from where I was.

I hope she has a good cruise and hurries back for ours!!!:)

Brisbane Channel 7 news had a story on the ship, talked to a few people who stayed on last night they all had positive comments. The rest was usual P & O publicity crap. The interior shots they showed looked very nice.:)

I am starting to think that they deliberately black out or freeze the cams for some departures and arrivals as it seems to be happening quite a bit lately on all the ships. It is really very annoying!:)

Yes, I saw here depart! She left at about 3.30, instead of the advertised 2pm.... But it was worth the wait! I am currently uploading some photos to my Webshots page - and will post when they are there.

The general opinion of everyone watching her depart was that the funnel was ugly and just didn't match the rest of the ship - and I think I have to agree with them. I'm also suprised that they didn't make an effort to clean up the rust marks on her sides, especially as there was a lot of media interest.

The Channel 7 coverage was quite positive - and of course Premier Pete was on board getting his photo taken. Even The Courier Mail have been positive about it - with an article in yesterdays paper highlighting the departure - and another in today's feature Shona Ballantyne (haven't seen this one yet, only been told about it).

Kym

Thanks for staying around to watch her depart because as I said on other thread your photos are great. The rust stains are a little ugly and I agree surely they had time to cover them up for the first sailing. I did not notice the funnel as being out of place but I will go back and have a second look now.

THANKS AGAIN, only 11 sleeps to go (not counting the daily naps I am having while on holiday from work).:)

Archived