Greetings from the Caribbean Princess 12/24 sailing

MrsFops&FopsC5

Today is Wednesday 12/28 and we are docked in St. Maarten. The trip so far has been quite nice, seas have been surprisingly flat. (1.5 - 4 ft) The weather on Sunday was nice and Monday a bit overcast. Yesterday we were in St Thomas with 5 of our closest "cruiseships" (which means the town was over-run with tourists) Traffic was not too bad and everyone seemed to be getting their shopping fixes. Today it appears only 3 ships are in including the CB (Carnival Liberty & Royal Mariner of the Seas) The weather according to Capt Bennito is only suppose to be about 79 today. Yesterday in St. Thomas it was HOT....Probably mid-high 80's with no winds at all.

The ship is decorated quite nice for the holidays. They are having the Hannakuah lighting each night for the Jewish faith and had 2 different Xmas services, Protestant and Catholic on Xmas day.

The ship has appx. 960 kids from 0 - 21 on board and actually I hate to say it they appear to be better behaved than some of the adults. This cruise has a surprising number of first time Princess passengers. The past passenger reception is tomorrow evening so I will be interested in seeing how many attend. I saw the list of Elite at the purser's office and only about 30 are listed and Platninum were about 60-70.

We went to Sterling's Monday night (that's Caribbean night/German night) and were quite impressed with the food and service.

Oh someone, had stated they got rid of the "bar-hopping" card, this program is alive and well on the CB. They did in fact do away with the Princess "special $$" drink of the day thou.

The ship is now giving out a "Value Coupon" Book which you will get delivered to your state room. Some of the specials are pretty decent (15% off spa prices on port days - any service), some picture coupons and other assorted items.

Well if anyone has any specific questions, I will be more than happy to respond. Going to breakfast and into St. Maarten to get my shopping fix...

Anita

Anita,

Great to hear from you! Thanks for the update.

Wow, so many children and so few Platinum and Elite!

I do have a question, can you confirm if Nicola Furlan is still the Maitre'd?

Thanks so much and enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

Bon Voyage, Anita!

DH and I are really getting into pre-cruise mode: We'll be on the CB 1/28 (second time on this ship).

What movies are showing (MUTS) now? Do you know when/if they will change before our sailing?

Is Rack of Lamb on the regular dining room menu or is it only available now in Sterling Steakhouse?

DH and I have been following your voyage on the webcam this week. I hope you continue to enjoy your cruise.

Chris

Thanks for checking in with the board! So glad to hear you are having a good time and good weather.

Will you please tell Bert Stratton Marilyn & Dave said HI and to check his mailbox! Thanks :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!!!! Happy New Year!

Marly

Rack of Lamb was on the dinner menu last night (italian night- Tuesday) My DH had it said it was great... Not on the menu at Sterlings. All on Sterlings was Steak (of course), BBQ chicken and fish of the day was Chilean Sea Bass.

Marly, will say hi to Bert for you tonight. They are moving him to Explorer's tonight.

Movies on MUTS, I need to check my patter and let you know.

I know in Princess theater different movies.

I'll report back tomorrow.

Anita

Archived