Rock the boat...don't rock the boat baby...

It’s been a long standing axiom that aboard cruise ships,the lower in the ship and the more towards the middle, the less motion you willfeel. My wife & I were on the JewelOTS last November, in cabin 9000, higher up & as far forward on that deckas you could go. We felt very littleboat rocking motion in our cabin. Wherewe did feel it however, was in the MDR, 4 decks lower and more amidships. We sat next to the starboard sidewindows. It was hilarious! Every night, here we are trying to eat ourdinner and stay awake at the same time. We were like two infants being gently rocked to sleep!

Just a light hearted thread here asking you to share if you’veencountered a similar situation; feeling more boat movement/rocking inunexpected places aboard ship, and less in places you’d expect.

I've found that if the ship is a'rocking, you'll feel it everywhere. The ship's sections don't move independently from the rest of the ship. And, you are unlikely to be IN your room except at night for any length of time. Honestly...it's not the big deal some make it to be. If you are in VERY heavy seas with lots of UP/DOWN movement, the front and back will "feel" it the most. It the swells are coming from the side...all bets are off...upper deck, lower deck..you are going to feel it.