Anyone ever bought anything from Majesty Jewelers in St. Maarten?

hardingk

I have visted this storew twice in the past while on cruises, the most recent time being this past September. I saw a gorgeous ring when we were there in September and have been saving for it ever since, knowing we would be back in January. They seem to have good prices, but I was just wondering if anyone has made any large purchases from there and if you were satisfied. Or any other feedback you might have.

Thanks!

lol.. I purchased a watch from them that I had seen at home just bec. I was on vacation and finally decided to buy it..not terrifically expensive (195)... and I had one of those treasured ship coupons.. I don't pay attention to shopping maps but was just "in there" and had the coupon that had been shoved in my face.. the price with the coupon was about $5 less than at home so I buy the watch at the "special price just for me" and get back to the ship.. Next day take it out of the box and on the back of the thing-y that the watch is wrapped around is a "Majesty Jewelers" price tag - that is $25 less than I paid for it!

I don't buy a lot of jewelry .. have one ring from Colombian Emeralds from years ago that I just liked but find more on QVC that appraises constantly more than I pay for it.. and is priced way way way less than the islands.. esp. Tanzanite..

We shop Majesty every time we have visited St. Maarten. Always had great experiences and good prices with a minimum of haggling. The staff is polite and knowledgible and they are a bit more low-key than some of the other jewelers that we have visited on the island.

I'll give you an example of a deal (not a major purchase) that I received there:

A couple of years ago, I was hot to purchase a certain Seiko Kinetic watch. Retail on the watch was $450 and it could be had in most stateside mall jewelry stores for about $330. I did some research on the net and found a seller of the exact watch for $242. I printed the ad and brought it with me to Majesty for haggling purposes. When I inquired as to their price of the Seiko Kinetic (without showing the ad) they indicated it was $235. I ended up buying it (and a matching one for my wife) for $230 each!

We have also purchased numerous earings and a small diamond ring there. Always felt like we got a good deal.

Last February my wife and I visited Majesty to purchase a pair of diamond earrings. We bought the earings for $1,200 and a pair of emerald earrings for $800. We had them appraised when we got back to the states. $1,200 earrings appraised for $1,800 and & $800 earrings appraised for $1,500.

No complaints here.

Last February my wife and I visited Majesty to purchase a pair of diamond earrings. We bought the earings for $1,200 and a pair of emerald earrings for $800. We had them appraised when we got back to the states. $1,200 earrings appraised for $1,800 and & $800 earrings appraised for $1,500.

No complaints here.

Awesome! Thanks for the input!

• 7 years later...
I have visted this storew twice in the past while on cruises, the most recent time being this past September. I saw a gorgeous ring when we were there in September and have been saving for it ever since, knowing we would be back in January. They seem to have good prices, but I was just wondering if anyone has made any large purchases from there and if you were satisfied. Or any other feedback you might have.

Thanks!

I have made several purchases from Majesty Jewelers over the years, one piece for $3K plus. They have kept in touch with me for many years, sending Christmas chocolate, Birthday cards etc. I went back several years later and the sales person remembered my name, item I purchased etc, and could not have been more pleasant. I would recommend this store completely. PS. The value of the watch has gone up since the purchase.