Does the Gem have a juice bar? or Healthy eating options???

annabug

We will be on our first Gem cruise this June!!!

Just wondering about healthy options and if there is a juice bar??

I cannot recall if there is a juice bar or not. I do know there are healthy options all over the ship. The buffet has salads and fruits. The dining room menus also list the healthier options they are serving. I find, on cruises, I rarely need to watch what I eat. I don't over-eat, which would be easy to do. I have seen so much food wasted on cruises. Some peoples eyes are bigger than what they can handle. If you are taking the stairs as opposed to the elevators and walking about on excursions, weight should be fine. I have actually lost weight on some cruises. If it's dietary that you need to be careful with, as mentioned there is a great variety of healthy choices.

I have been on Gems sister ships and both had a fresh squeezed juice in front of the buffet area - $$ and not part of UDP, but some mornings it was worth it to me.

I have also lost weight on cruises, take the stairs! the only cruise I gained on was Alaska, cabin on Deck 11, at port we left from Deck 3 or 4 (first time seeing crew areas) - I couldn't face that many stairs after a day of exporing

I agree with the waste. I can't eat a lot in a sitting due to previous surgery. Every night the waiter would ask me if I wanted something else since I didn't eat all my food. I had to explain that I just cannot eat that much at once. I have asked to only have part of the food, but found out that because they are plated that way they bring the whole meal. My friend wanted the prime rib one night but didn't want the baked potato so I ordered a salad and ate his potato. It was perfect. I also like the fruits and veggies, wish sometimes I could order a side veggie.

Candi