Amber Cover with Kids (Ages 2 and 8)

linzlovestocruise

Stay in port, go to the gigantic pool kids area. When you get hungry, get back on ship to eat.

Cost = zero.

I often see people reply to stay in port when cruisers are traveling with children. Curious as to why? When we first started cruising we took our youngest and we NEVER stayed in port. She got to experience the islands, the culture, the food, etc. right along with us. This August will be our first cruise with our 2 year old grandson and and as we did with ours, he's coming along on our adventures too.

Edited to add: We're going to Amber Cove too and one of our "excursions" is to go to the orphanage and take much needed items. We always go off on our own and never do ships excursions, but each person's comfort level with that will be different. As is each child's interest, attention span and behavior. We're prior military so ours were well traveled from birth and learned to adjust to varying environments at early ages. Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide!

I often see people reply to stay in port when cruisers are traveling with children. Curious as to why? When we first started cruising we took our youngest and we NEVER stayed in port. She got to experience the islands, the culture, the food, etc. right along with us. This August will be our first cruise with our 2 year old grandson and and as we did with ours, he's coming along on our adventures too.

Edited to add: We're going to Amber Cove too and one of our "excursions" is to go to the orphanage and take much needed items. We always go off on our own and never do ships excursions, but each person's comfort level with that will be different. As is each child's interest, attention span and behavior. We're prior military so ours were well traveled from birth and learned to adjust to varying environments at early ages. Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide!

I totally agree with you but most people aren't you and me with kids who want to sit on a bus for an hour or more to go experience culture. Our son was a world traveler from birth (we are also military, retired now) so we used to take a new coloring book and crayons, etc. and he was happy traveling to and from anything. Plus he isn't a picky eater, he ate everything we ate from birth. He is 29 now and obsessed with travel, just like us...

• 2 months later...