Teens in their own cabin??? HELP!!

racepoint

I went directly to Princess to book an upcoming cruise to the So. Caribbean. We chose this cruise because other family members are already booked. This particular cruise is nearly sold out and instead of the balcony cabin for four that I'd wanted (husband, myself and 13 & 14 y.o. daughters) I ended up booking two side-by-side oceanview cabins with the intention of putting the girls next door to us. (They offered no price break for the 3rd and 4th passengers in this category so the obvious choice was just to get two cabins for the same cost.) Upon completing the registration process, the Princess rep. informed me that because the girls are under 16, they would need to register an adult in each of the rooms, but she added, "what you do once you get on board is your own business." Of course, I would prefer to bunk with my husband for the week and I'm confident that the girls are responsible enough to be in their own cabin right next door. Since Princess's "official" policy is that the girls can't bunk together, yet I'm fairly certain that this is a common practice, I'd like to hear what others have done in order to get the room key/sign n' sail passes switched once on board.

We did the same thing a few years ago and it worked perfectly. Of course rules and bounderies are needed, phone calls in the AM and PM. It also depends upon your girls. You know them best. I am the mother-hen. On the flip side, they enjoyed being with each other, watching TV at night until late. Good luck with your decision.

It's no problem to book one parent and daughter in each cabin, then have cruise cards made up so that everyone can get into the cabins you want them to be in. You can easily do this at the purser's desk. Don't just switch cards, because one daughter would have one that allows bar purchases, and one parent would have one listed as "under age".

We had our 7 and 10 year old in the cabin right next to us on our Alaskan cruise. We too booked it as one adult in each room. The steward was wise and before we even boarded had one room's bed was set up as a queen and the other as two single beds. The only time the children were in the cabin alone was to sleep or if we were next door after lunch when the children's center was closed. This is the first time we have had them in a seperate room and my youngest let me know it was okay to sleep alone but he didn't want to be left alone during the day. Be sure your children can articulate thier feeling to you about being apart and all should go well.

We're doing the same thing with our 13/15 year olds in January (oldest turns 16 the month after we return :mad: ).

Booked parent & kid in each cabin. We even told them at time of booking to make one cabin queen and the other twins. It was obvious what we were doing and the booking agent didn't even mention it. This will be our first time with our kids on board, but I've seen this done on all our other cruises. We'll make a stop at the purser's desk first thing and get access to their room.

Everyone does it. I wouldn't put a 2 and 4 year old in the same room, but two teens next to you should be fine. You'll be glad you have the 2 showers. We just got off the golden and the first day all you could get was an extra room card. One the second day they switched the room ID cards for us. Hope you have a great time.

racepoint ...

We do this all the time.

After you have the cards corrected to match the people in the rooms be sure to ask for an additional card for the teens room so you can enter as needed.

Good luck.

Archived