Star's sailing video footage!

suey

Are you getting excited Jane. You must have a lot to organise, what with almost back to back cruises!!

I can't see the video as we are not allowed to stream from the web. Will have to wait til I get to the airport next week on the Qantas club computers and see if it will work (hopefully it will still be there). Unless someone can save the media player file and load it up on here.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Chaz, I right-clicked and "save target as" and saved it to my desktop. I can post the low-res file to my website if you like. Or if you have broadband I can email them to you.

I am getting very excited. Have no idea what I am going to pack. Last cruise I was wearing shorts during the day and changing for dinner. That's a lot of clothes. I need to wash after each wear. I certainly hope that they have the $25 bag offer. We are visiting friends and family before so I am very excited about that as we haven't been up to QLD for 5 years.

Thanks Jane. Didn't know how to save it and your "save target as" option worked for me too. Have done this and can now open it in media player. Only thing is there is no sound but I assume the video doesn't have any!

I do the same thing with clothes on cruises. I generally live in confortable casual clothes during the day and like to get a little dressed up for dinner. When we first started cruising it was required to get dressed for dinner and people were turned away from the restaurant if they weren't in at least smart casual. I love the formal nights especially as it gives me a chance to wear my expensive clothes that only get dragged out for cruises or balls. But I can understand why it has changed. I just feel better going to dinner after changing out of what I have been running around the ship in all day especially after a day in port!!

Cheers,

I thought they must have "touched" up the video to remove the rust stains then realised they are showing mostly the port side. Looks like they cleaned up the side that people see as the board the ship while she is docked. It was probably easier to do.

Will be keen to see if they do what they did with the Sky & Sun and paint the other side while in Noumea or Vila where it didn't seem to matter how much paint they dropped in the water.

The stern also doesn't look as obviously modified in the video as it does in the photos which have been posted so maybe it was just the angle or maybe they have digitally enhanced the video!!

Cheers,

Archived