Help! Booked 4/8/06 on CP chose cabin D422.....

StacyandTim

Hello fellow cruise addicts! I just booked a 4/8/06 cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess and chose room D422 (category AA mini-suite).

Since choosing my cabin, I've read some poor review of this cabin, especially the balcony. I've read that when the upper balconies are swept, the water falls on D422's balcony, and that it's not very private.

Please help me choose another AA cabin! Some suggestions or possibly even pics of your favorite AA cabins would be GREAT! I still have plenty of time to choose another cabin, but I'd like to secure a good one ASAP.

Thanks and happy cruising!

All the mini suites on the dolphin deck are exposed to the decks above. If you want a mini with a covered balcony, look on the Emerald deck, aft.

By the way, it's not so bad. The mini's are great cabins, even with the open balcony. Who really cares if others can see? (i.e., what are you planning to do on the balcony?);)

We are also on the 4/8/06 sailing. We will be on a AA down the hall from you. This is my first cruise on the CP. I do not care if someone can see me on my balcony. I will gladly give up balcony privacy, so roll around on the nice size couch and tub and shower the others do not have. YIPEEE

I also like the fact the when I look down, all I will see if water and not someone else in their balcony. If they are looking wave up and intro yourselve and meet for a drink and mabey youve just met you new best friend for life.

Nancy

Thanks so much for your replies! I'm feeling much better about my cabin now! As you can see, this is our first cruise with Princess. We're all Carnival'd-out for the time being (if that makes any sense) lol. Nancy, who will be with you on the cruise? Maybe we can meet up for a drink!

All the mini suites on the dolphin deck are exposed to the decks above. If you want a mini with a covered balcony, look on the Emerald deck, aft.

By the way, it's not so bad. The mini's are great cabins, even with the open balcony. Who really cares if others can see? (i.e., what are you planning to do on the balcony?);)

FamilyGuy...what do you mean? After a few bottles of bubbly...ANYTHING can happen ;) LOL

(Just preparing for possibilities....lmao)

FamilyGuy...what do you mean? After a few bottles of bubbly...ANYTHING can happen ;) LOL

(Just preparing for possibilities....lmao)

We were on the Caribe deck (balcony cabin) on the Caribbean Princess on the 12/17 sailing. I could definitely look down on the dolphin deck. I was standing on the balcony watching the sunset when the old lady (OK, probably late 50's) in the cabin below walked out on her balcony to lay her wet swimsuit over one of the chairs. The problem with this is that she was not wearing anything:eek: . I had to back up to save my eyes (she was not attractive)! Why couldn't it have been one of the hot women.....(I have no luck).

Mom, stop reading this!

LMAO!!!!! Sorry to hear that FamilyGuy! We were on a Carnival cruise last February and had a cabin on the very back of the ship with a wrap around balcony. It was very private from the top, and I was able to lay topless in the sun. However, I don't think the neighbors (a newly married, young couple) appreciated it when they popped their heads over the divider to ask me if they could borrow a lighter! :eek: Oh well. The wife was more upset than anything, and they avoided us the entire cruise!

LMAO!!!!! Sorry to hear that FamilyGuy! We were on a Carnival cruise last February and had a cabin on the very back of the ship with a wrap around balcony. It was very private from the top, and I was able to lay topless in the sun. However, I don't think the neighbors (a newly married, young couple) appreciated it when they popped their heads over the divider to ask me if they could borrow a lighter! :eek: Oh well. The wife was more upset than anything, and they avoided us the entire cruise!

Can I book the cabin above yours?;)

Actually, my wife would be upset too (I really don't understand why).

We were in this cabin in August - there are photos in my signature link.

We had no problems with this cabin - IF I searched for things to complain about I would say - tiles on bathroom floor were coming out and some were broken, and there was some rust in the floor on the balcony by the railing.

Honestly except for the tiles we had no complaints. We enjoyed the room. This was our first cruise on Princess - we usually sail on Celebrity and we were quite pleased. We had not such great thoughts about our cabin steward though.

The room was very spacious - plenty of space to put the bags etc.

One caveat - you mentioned the baclony and privacy - the baclony is uncovered - but so are all the cabins on this deck. We were not uncomfortable and we didn't have anyone brush dirt or water onto our baclony.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Archived