Maasdam Drnk Menu April 2018

RetiredMustang

I just checked the drink menu prices on Roger Jett's site.   The dates were from May 2018.

The martini prices in the Ocean Bar and Pool Bars were $8.50 and $8.75 for all types of martinis using call brands.  Only in the MIX Bar do they show the same and other martini prices all at $9.95.    How can HAL charge different prices for the same drink at different bars on the same ship ?   Especially when the price of the same drink is covered by the SBP in the Ocean Bar, but not covered in the Mix bar.   

Also, in mixed drinks, the price of the base alcohol sets the price of the drink.   All Gin prices, including Bombay Sapphire are $7.75.   All Vodka prices except 2 are within the SBP limit.   A "Classic Martini in the Mix bar has Grey Goose Vodka and a splash of dry vermouth priced at $9.95.   A similar martini in the Ocean Bar with the same ingredients costs $8.50.   

Hi, according to my confirmation, the SDP has a cap of $9.00 INCLUDING gratuity.  This works out to $7.75 per drink.  So, looking at the menu prices, I am concerned and wondering if I should look for another package?  On Eurodam in May.

thanks,

Jim

15 minutes ago, JCBAY4 said:

Hi, according to my confirmation, the SDP has a cap of $9.00 INCLUDING gratuity.  This works out to $7.75 per drink.  So, looking at the menu prices, I am concerned and wondering if I should look for another package?  On Eurodam in May.

thanks,

Jim

I'm going to call them now and clarify once and for all. Getting mixed information here.

I just called Mary at Ship Services @ Holland America. She advise me if the drink price is $9 on the menu card, it's yours with the SDP. The gratuity added does not disqualify you from having any drink up to $9. If it's $9.01 you pay the full  price. 

End of this discussion.