Switching Rooms

Looking for some advice.

I want to switch to a different cabin within the same category I'm currently booked. I'm being told no more cabins are available in the category, but I show them online. There are only 2 of us and searching for 2 in the cabin brings up no balcony cabins, but searching for 3 brings up options. I was told they want to reserve triples for parties of 3+, but all D5s are triples so I don't see the issue since I'd be freeing up the exact same cabin type.

Am I looking at this wrong? I'd always been able to switch rooms within the same category before. I'm sailing Harmony May 26, 2018.

Current Cabin: 10324

Requested Cabin: 12706

Normally, they would let you swtich within the same category. You could try calling again, maybe someone else would be able to help.

It could also be that they imposed minimum occupancy requirements on your stateroom category after you booked, and are now enforcing it.

My first thought regarding questions like this is why not pick up the phone and call? If there’s an issue, at least they can explain what it is. If not, they can make the switch for you.

My first thought regarding questions like this is why not pick up the phone and call? If there’s an issue, at least they can explain what it is. If not, they can make the switch for you.

I have spoken with them already and was confused by their response, sorry if that wasn't clear. I was more curious if policy had changed regarding room switches and how available cabins are shown since they didn't seem to be seeing what I did on their website.

I have spoken with them already and was confused by their response, sorry if that wasn't clear. I was more curious if policy had changed regarding room switches and how available cabins are shown since they didn't seem to be seeing what I did on their website.

Ah, sorry, I thought you were trying to do it all online. Unusual since if they are limiting bookings for 3 person cabins to 3, they do it early on and open up to fewer if they have cabins left. There’s a saying around here - call three times and get three different answers. Give it another shot.

There’s a saying around here - call three times and get three different answers. Give it another shot.

^^This definitely seems to be true! I will try again today. Thanks to you and Bob for your input!