QE2 Poolside days or??.......

LocoLoco1

QE2 first-timer here... MY typical 'go round-in-warm-water' at-sea days consist of 5am coffee at the rail with other insomniacs..then Lido/Buffet when my sweetie arises and then POOLSIDE..POOLSIDE..POOLSIDE!!! ...How will that be different on the QE2 without a BIG swimming pool as a focal point? ..so I slather on the suntan oil and grab a Promenade deck chair??Any comments much appreciated..

If the weather is warm, you can find a chair outdoors and sit and enjoy the view, the same as you would do on any ship.

If it is cold and windy, which is more likely, you will want to grab a good book and find one of the many tables and chairs indoors along most of the length of the two major public decks and enjoy the view out of the windows. Sitting along these indoor windows and enjoying a book are typical QE2 lazy activities. My favorite is alongside the Queen's room so you are handy for afternoon tea or in a quiet space near the library.

Lots more indoor activities on QE2 also to enjoy.

I am with you as I tend to spend most of my free time on sea days poolside.

QE2 has a very nice sundeck on one of the upper decks (not the area with reserved deck chairs though) - one drawback is that this deck is a deck up from the pool, but it is usually easy to find a deck chair. Area around the pool is often swamped on sea days.

I found the areas on QE2 much better for sunbathing than on QM2.

We have often been horrified at quite how busy the pool and pool area is. One of the days we were in port in Norway (Bergen I think) was a gorgeous day and it looked as if the whole ship was there.

This is the sort of time that it is lovely to have a balcony, and take tea there rather than with the masses.

On the other hand, on a transatlantic, you'll certainly want to be somewhere warm - those aren't the times for spending hours on the balcony!

Archived