Formal Nights on Liberty 6 Night?

martdm

I assume you're on the Liberty ;) .

In that case-there is technically 2 formal nights. The first in Monday, Freeport. The second is Thursday, Costa Maya, I believe. The second one is a 'Optional Formal Night'. After reading a bunch of reviews, it seems that more people than not dressed up for the Optional night though. I'm packing for 2 formal nights. :D

I'd read the 6 day Capers, just in case I'm wrong though.

Thanks RizzoLee! You are correct that, as stated in my original subject line, we're considering a trip on Liberty.

Optional formal night is a new concept for us...do they mean that literally? Come in your suit or come in your Dockers, who cares? That seems odd.

Where can I find the 6 day capers?

Appreciate the help!!

No problem martdm-I used to refer to BellaOnline's Travelogue, but I can't find it anymore on her site!

To me, optional is optional! I think it has to do with the fact that we're in port til 5:30-6pm, no one will have time to get all gussied-up for dinner. I'm bringing the 'stuff' to dress up for a second night, but if I go in my ordinary clothes, oh well-it's optional, and I'll probably be having too much tequila in Costa Maya to care much by that point anyways, lol. It's short notice-but join us on January 29th!

Spent some time looking around and came up with this for the Capers: http://community.webshots.com/album/521126058KgFxom

Have fun!

If you like to dress up go for it. I brought an extra fancy top just in case.. but we never did dress up for the second night. Now we were on the upper level. A bit more intimate less people so maybe everyone on the main floor dressed up. I never saw it though.

We always go back to our cabin to change after the first formal night too..

We like to be as casual as possible. Especially so we can lay on a chaise and catch the late night outdoor movie. They were so much fun.

Formal optional will be on the Thursday-- we are in Costa Maya til 6-- onbaord by 5:30 dinner is hopefully at 6:15.. cant be bothered with getting all gussied up for a formal night.

Formal optional will be on the Thursday-- we are in Costa Maya til 6-- onbaord by 5:30 dinner is hopefully at 6:15.. cant be bothered with getting all gussied up for a formal night.

We were fortunate to take the 7 1/2 hr. tour in costa maya of the Mayan Ruins at Kohunlich. I have been to tulum in Cozumel previously and these are by far equal to or even more facinating. The Ship Tour is the only way to go if you want to see this site as we got back at around 5:10pm when final board is at 5:30. We were so exhausted but managed a quick shower before dinner and grabbed something easy to put on to make the 6:15 dinner.

I highly recommend this tour. Excellent tours guides nice airconditioned buses.etc.

http://www.locogringo.com/research/dzibanche.html

http://www.geocities.com/atlantis01mx/yuc_pen_south/kohunlich.htm

Thanks for the clarification! Appreciate the info on the ruins too...that's exactly what we will do if we book this cruise!

I'd highly recommend those ruins as well. My wife and I did this on the 8 day Liberty cruise ... so must have been Nov 28 when were there. Our guide was so knowledgable and interesting ... and the scenery was great along the way. We had the 545 sitting, and got in about the dining room about 6:00. Fortunately, on the 8 day cruise, this was not a formal night, but did shower quickly and enjoyed it all!!

Archived