Flip a coin to which cruise to take

uncfes

So after looking at three cruises for December it came down to South America on the 23rd on the Eclipse. Then before booking started looking at the shore excursions and they are priced real high. Many we can’t do over long walk or rough paths.

So then it took me back to Asia on the Millennium, but in 2014 we sailed on her and it was pretty ragged. Hear they have pulled it to dock and will be doing it again this summer. We like Aqua Class but don’t know why they placed it under the Pool deck. That was the other issue we had stomping feet [emoji23][emoji23]

So saying all this I’m looking for feedback on both cruises and the shore excursions

The third cruise would be Middle East/India, but there are better stops other times of the year on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Occasionally we have hit the same point as you when looking at cruise itineraries where each one we consider has a significant compromise.

Firstly can you extend your ‘window’ from December to give you more options?

Secondly have you considered looking at the itineraries of other cruise lines if your time line is fixed?

Finally, from our experience, on a couple of occasions we have felt the cruises on offer at the time we could cruise were not what we wanted and we chose alternative holiday options....Sometimes a change from cruising can be a good option!

What I do know is with cruising and air costs as high as they are it is a lot of money to pay out for something that in one way or another is minus a ‘wow’ and that even before booking you have apprehensions about!

Occasionally we have hit the same point as you when looking at cruise itineraries where each one we consider has a significant compromise.

Yes, but do to work schedules this time of year works. We did the Harmony last NYE and loved it. We live Ivan Vegas so getting away on New Years is perfect [emoji108]

Firstly can you extend your ‘window’ from December to give you more options?

Secondly have you considered looking at the itineraries of other cruise lines if your time line is fixed?

We like RCL, Celebrity, and used to like Princess before they got bought out by Carnival try to stick were I can build trips.

Finally, from our experience, on a couple of occasions we have felt the cruises on offer at the time we could cruise were not what we wanted and we chose alternative holiday options....Sometimes a change from cruising can be a good option!

What I do know is with cruising and air costs as high as they are it is a lot of money to pay out for something that in one way or another is minus a ‘wow’ and that even before booking you have apprehensions about!

Tell me about it trying to find a short flight from Vegas to Buenos Aires is nuts

So after looking at three cruises for December it came down to South America on the 23rd on the Eclipse. Then before booking started looking at the shore excursions and they are priced real high. Many we can’t do over long walk or rough paths.

So then it took me back to Asia on the Millennium, but in 2014 we sailed on her and it was pretty ragged. Hear they have pulled it to dock and will be doing it again this summer. We like Aqua Class but don’t know why they placed it under the Pool deck. That was the other issue we had stomping feet [emoji23][emoji23]

So saying all this I’m looking for feedback on both cruises and the shore excursions

The third cruise would be Middle East/India, but there are better stops other times of the year on that one.

You might want to take a look at the Roll Call for the South American cruise you are considering. We are doing a SA Cruise in 2019 and on our Roll Call there are a number of us joining together and doing private excursions. We rarely do ships excursions as we fine private excursions are les costly, ha e fewer people and are in most cases better than what the ship offers.