Cuba excursion help needed

sbcatcher1

I have this posted on the Cuba board and I am not getting any responses so I thought I would try the Carnival board.

My husband will only take a ship excursion in Cuba so I must choose between:

Best of Havana and Local flavors and Traditions of Havana. I can't find anyone who has taken either of these. I am looking for someone that has done wither of these excursions.

We are on the Carnival Paradise Oct 22, 2018.

We did a private tour company on our trip but my parents just got off of the paradise and did the best of Havana tour and really enjoyed it. Their driver gave them two options are the end. One was get dropped at the market or at the boat. They chose the boat since they also had the Tropicana scheduled. If you don't have night plans, I would recommend getting off at the market so you can walk back through old Havana and see some of the architecture from the 1500's there's some amazing things to see just a block from the market

We visited Cuba on NCL's Sky in September 2017. We took a ship excursion called Ultimate Havana Bus Tour which was run through the government. It was an excellent overview of the people and places of Cuba. At the end we also had the option to be dropped off at the Market and walk back to the port or go directly to the port. We opted to be dropped off, then hired a driver at the Market to take us back to the ship $15 for 4 of us. We did not book any convertible rides through the ship as they were very expensive. We found out on arrival, however, that you can hire a driver anywhere in the city at extremely low rates to transport you almost anywhere. We went to the Tropicana, the John Lennon Statue, a tour of the neighborhoods, and a highly recommended Cuban restaurant on the roof of a building for $40 total (4 tourists). The locals were extremely helpful and eager to share their country. Hope your travels are great!!