Is this doable

Deloresgardella

I am having an hard time finding a airline from Copenhagen to San Francisco on our return trip after our Baltic Cruise on Sept 12,2006.:confused: The closest one is leaving CPH at 9 am. Our ship is suppose to dock at 5am. Is this cutting it to close or is this possible.:confused: Thank you

Deloresx

IMHO it is several hours too close. Danish authorities will have to clear the ship, luggage will have to be offloaded, etc. How about staying an extra day in Copenhagen and de-stressing? I think you would spend your whole cruise worrying about the flight if you tried to go that day. Nancy

Dolores just out of curiosity I went into Travelocity and put one way Copenhagen to S.F. and came up with British Airways leaving at 00:00 a.m. and then there were other airtlines for later in the day but were extremely expensive. Since I did not know when you left I only did a one way.

marilyn

I am having an hard time finding a airline from Copenhagen to San Francisco on our return trip after our Baltic Cruise on Sept 12,2006.:confused: The closest one is leaving CPH at 9 am. Our ship is suppose to dock at 5am. Is this cutting it to close or is this possible.:confused: Thank you

Deloresx

We have not flown from Copenhagen, but our experience is Europe is that airports are not close to Cruise Ship Piers. You should check this out for Copenhagen.

Even if the ship docks at 5AM, it has to clear customs before you can get off, and then you have to find a taxi at 5:30 or 6AM, because I doubt Princess will be ready to transport you.

And you need to allow 2-3 hours to clear security and check bags before boarding. Many airilines will not check bags 30 minutes before takeoff, so you may arrive at the last minute and be refused boarding because you can't check bags.

Too many potential problems to chance it. I'd stay the extra day and fly the next morning or fly later in the afternoon if you can find a flight.

Archived