The Dailies on a Med Cruises

Jimjamz

I'm assuming that we will receive the English translation of the Dailies on an upcoming Mediterranean cruise. Is there anyway of telling from looking at all the activities happening on board, which ones will be conducted in English? For example, there is no point going to a quiz if it is in Italian. Or do you assume that if it is listed then there will be English on offer at the activity? Do they have any particular events at the beginning of the cruise so English speakers can find other English speakers to meet?

Yes all daily info is in English , as are announcements . Sorry didnt do any quizzes so dont know about that. Ive never had a problem finding English speakers , Staff all spoke good English and Many of The European Travellers will have English as a second Language .

If your sailing has a CC meet and Mingle they are good to attend

I'm assuming that we will receive the English translation of the Dailies on an upcoming Mediterranean cruise. Is there anyway of telling from looking at all the activities happening on board, which ones will be conducted in English? For example, there is no point going to a quiz if it is in Italian. Or do you assume that if it is listed then there will be English on offer at the activity? Do they have any particular events at the beginning of the cruise so English speakers can find other English speakers to meet?

We did an MSC Med cruise last year and the dailies are in English. I never saw a quiz mentioned in the dailies. I think with all the different nationalities on board it might be a problem. We weren't aware of any English speaking meet and greet. We rarely heard fellow passengers speaking English, we were definitely in a minority! The staff all spoke English.

Thanks - we did one 5 years ago and we didn't come across anyone else who spoke English first language until the last day when they had the meetings for disembarkation (and I thought that this would have been great at the beginning so we could have met a few people). Our kids were younger then so we didn't go to any activities - they are naturally quite shy so both didn't want to do kids club as were terrified that they would be the only English speaker there and as they fell into different age groups they would have been apart (and MSC wouldn't allow us to put them in the same kids club group. Fortunately it was very port intense so we spent a lot of time on shore so not too noticeable.

Would be good if there was some easy mechanism to meet up with others who want to speak English on board.

Any other information from other cruisers welcome.

Would if there was some easy mechanism to meet up with others who want to speak English on board.

Any other information from other cruisers welcome.

I think they put English speakers together in the dining room. We had a table for 2 so I don't know personally. We are doing another Med cruise next May so might find out then. ;)