Atrium View Cabins - Noisy?

To save a few bucks (traveling solo) I'm booked into an interior but atrium view cabin on Freedom of the Sea's second voyage in June. I've had every catagory of cabin available from inside to outside w/balcony but not one like this. My question (concern?) is that...particularly on Freedom of the Seas...they have this parade or something and I have a sudden fear of being blasted out of my bed by a marching band! I know...silly...but has anyone had one of these interior cabins on other large RCCL ships and if so, were they pretty well insulated from interior shipboard noises? Do the interior windows open? Anybody ELSE going on this particular cruise? Please advise...let me know...many thanks in advance.

We are booked on the first FOS cruise and have an interior, it will be our second stateroom like that. We loved it, only noise was the parade and maybe a little bar noise if you were on 6 and a person to bed at 10 pm. And since we went to bed late it was never a problem. But we were on 8 and heard nothing, the windows do NOT open

We are booked on the first FOS cruise and have an interior, it will be our second stateroom like that. We loved it, only noise was the parade and maybe a little bar noise if you were on 6 and a person to bed at 10 pm. And since we went to bed late it was never a problem. But we were on 8 and heard nothing, the windows do NOT open

Was on Voyager 2 times... 1st time on deck 6 over the "Pub" area ( duh, bad idea). 2nd time, got smart and did Deck 8, super area... would do those inside Atrium rooms again in a heartbeat!:D

Have a GR8 Cruise!

You will hear noise on deck 6 (that is where we were). It won't blast you out of bed... the worst thing was at about 2am they would take stuff down the mall on a big cart with wheels on the tile... woke us up most nights... Maybe the floor will be different on Freedom. All in all it was worth it for the view of the parade without the crowd!

Ours was on deck 7 on the AOS. Never really noticed any noise that bothered us. We're night people so we were always still awake for the parades and anything else going on. The drape on the window is very heavy and helps blot out some of noise that might bother you. We loved this cabin and will try to book another on the Freedom is there are any left.

We were on Deck 6 on Adventure and it wasn't totally soundproof but wasn't bad at all. Expect to hear some noise during the parade on the first night. After that it was the very occasional muffled noise from things like drunken passengers screaming in the promenade in the middle of the night. :p If you're concerned, try deck 8. Any noise you do hear is muffled.

I know...silly...but has anyone had one of these interior cabins on other large RCCL ships and if so, were they pretty well insulated from interior shipboard noises? Do the interior windows open?

The atrium view cabins are not normally noisy. When they hold the parade, you can hear it in the cabin, but that's about it. The normal noise from the Promenade should not get through. The windows do not open for fire safety reasons.

We had a PR cabin on the Mariner, and we are early birds... so we were in bed by 9 most nights. And it was VERY noisy. We were right next to the clock on deck 7. There was a bandstand below our window... and that is where most of the noise came from.

This time, on the Navigator I went with deck 8, much farther back, but I'm afraid I went TOO far back... that we're overlooking the staircase? We're in 8609.

Archived