Sailin EOS soon - 2 Quick Questions Please!

2 questions I have about our first cruise one from me and one from my husband...First, if your shore excursion is an activity in the water, what do you do with your personal items such as money, ship pass, etc. Secondly, if anyone has actually attempted to take a bottle of their own alchohol on board were you successful, or was it confiscated? We're talking about very, very, special occasion Scotch...:) Can you guess which question was that of my husbands! LOL

Dont ever ask if you can bring alcohol on board. It's taboo to answer that on this board. Email us and we will provide you with comments, etc.

You can purchase a waterproof container to put money, license (if nec.) and passboard account card you will need to get on and off the ship at the ship's shop or from a travel agent if they are into travel gear. It has a solid strap and you wear it around your neck.

Have a great cruise!!

email:

benmon@earthlink.net

You can leave your belongings on the boat. The boat is near the water sport so you can see it.

Pack the liquor in bubble wrap and then pack it inside your "checked in" luggage and it will arrive fine. I have done this a few times and it always works. Others will tell you to put it in a listerine bottle etc. but I don't go thru the trouble. Do not carry it on! I have seen bottles taken by people carrying it on the ship.

You can get a waterproof wallet that you wear like a fanny pack. They strap around the waist. It is very thin and about 4x5 inches. It holds all the things you need to keep dry inside a waterproof liner and then into the waterproof clear bag.

Try some on line travel accessory sites like Magellan's or luggage stores also sell them.

You know wrp I really beg to differ. I have seen alot of posts about bringing alcohol on board and they all get pulled very quickly. I've been cruising for over 20 years and have seen alot of changes. Up untill a few years ago you could buy a bottle on board and bring it to your room. Now they act like your stealing from them bringing your own on board. I still do but they never say anything. maybe because i stay in the owners suite.

:p No matter what cabin you stay in; pack it (carefully) in your check-on luggage, NOT in your carry on (as mentioned, this will be confiscated) and you should be fine.

Also, the cruiselines no longer allow you to buy booze onboard in their shop and take it back to your cabin. (found that out the hard way in Oct). Also if you purchase on one of the stops, the same thing goes; as a matter of fact, many liquor stores on the islands send your order to the ship; you don't even carry it back (good & bad, depend on how you look at it). You get the booze on the last day of the cruise.

I've bought clear (banana) rum and put in water bottle and walked back on the ship w/ no problem.

You will have a wonderful time! Enjoy!

Nancy

I have already read so much on this website about the topic of alchohol I didn't realize it was taboo to discuss.:( Mybad. Thank you all for replying so quickly! Happy cruising!

It's not taboo at all. It is discussed quite frequently and out in the open. Feel free to ask about that.

I was on ExOS in Nov. and we brought along a bottle of wine and 2 splits of champagne in our carryon luggage. They didn't say anything. I put it all out on the bar when we got to the room and it sat there most of the week til we drank it.

I think you are allowed to bring wine from home and drink it at dinner as long as 1) they don't carry it on their wine list and 2) you pay corkage.

Archived