Why Choose NCL for Bermuda??

SunTravels

Hello,

We are thinking about a cruise in May to Bermuda and I am researching NCL Majesty.

Any information you can give me on this ship and any tips for getting around in Bermuda would be appreciated. This will be our first time to Bermuda.

We love to snorkel and would be interested in any information you might have on this as well.

Have a great day.

We saw the Majesty in port when we were departing Boston in October on RCCL's Jewel of the Seas sailing to Bermuda and the caribbean. I would love a new NCL ship out of Boston, but won't sail Majesty because it is an older smaller ship that is half the size of modern ships. It doesn't have as many dining options as the new NCL ships like NCL Dawn sailing out of NY. Besides the ten different restaurants on Dawn, I enjoy the movie theater and self serve laundry. The Dawn has a fantastic stadium style pool deck too. I would definetely look into the Dawn's cruises to Bermuda.

There are several cruiselines offering cruises to Bermuda in 2006. The new

Crown Princess, NCL Dawn, NCL Spirit, RCCL Explorer of the Seas, and Carnival all have cruises out of NY sailing to Bermuda and other ports. We enjoyed Jewel of the Seas last year and learned they have a 5 night cruise out of Boston Oct 26.

When NCL brings a new ship to Boston, then I will sail it to Bermuda. I love NCL's freestyle dining. We are sailing RCCL Explorer from NY to Bermuda in October but will keep my eyes open for any Bermuda cruise from Boston.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

The biggest reason why to cruise to Bermuda on a NCL ship is NCL's Bermuda Freestyle Dining Ashore Program. You can read more about the program at

http://www.ncl.com/destinations/berm/bda.htm

You'll be issued a Freestyle Dining Ashore lunch voucher with a $25* value for use at any participating onshore restaurant in Bermuda. A $5 charge** will automatically be added to your onboard account. You can upgrade to a $50 dinner voucher anytime during your cruise for an additional $5* charge. Simply stop by the Reception Desk.

The 20 participating restaurants ashore are listed at

http://www.ncl.com/destinations/berm/bda_restaurants.htm

Without knowing if the other cruise lines offer a similiar program, a $5 return for each $1 spent for dinning ashore in Bermuda is really a great program, and a great reason to cruise aboard NCL ships to Bermuda.

We have found the water to be warm for swimming up until abot Mid November. In April is very cold, starts warming up in May. May and October are the nicest months - just like southern Florida - subtropical climate.

Although you may have fine weather in the Summer, there is always the risk of insufferable hot humid days - you take a risk.

Thanks, Jeanne!

Archived