Are there really past passenger discounts? (redux)

spongerob

Does anyone know what the past passenger number is? I see it on many travel websites, but i'm not sure what they mean. Could it be your booking number from a previous cruise on that cruise line?

That is your membership number for the Captain Circle account or what ever cruise line that you have been on and it entitles you to discounted fares. :)

We had already booked a British Isles cruise on the Golden for this summer at what we thought was a good deal. We had half price Princess Insurance, a ship board credit and a reduced price for a balcony.

:D This week we got a brochure from Princess for discounts on European Cruises. Called our TA yesterday, and we were able to save a significant net amount on the cruise we had already booked.

They just redid the pricing; we did not have to cancel and rebook.

Even our TA was suprised by how easy it was.

I believe Carnival and RCCI allows you to use their family of ships. We have been 'cruising' the different lines to see what line we like best....so far RCCI...but hearing so many good things about Princess. We also want to do Alaska and I'm told Princess is the best for that....As far as TA's go...I have good luck with the travel engines out there..I then check the ships prices online and sometimes call them directly. In my past experience, it seems when I contacted a TA the price was way above what I found on-line...what am I doing wrong??

Hi! From a Travel Agent perspective, yes, there are Past Guest perks. I just booked a second Princess cruise for a couple of clients yesterday and when I was in my TA booking engine, the regular rates were posted. I called Princess, and they informed me that if I put in their past guest #'s the "new" rates would come up. Which they did, and they received about $100 off per person. Plus, I always deduct from my commissions and include a bottle of champage upon arrival in their cabin or some chocolates depending on what they like.

Hope that helps!

Hi can you quote me a price for 3 people 1 senior - july29th new crown princess out of newyork 9 days. either an ocenview or balcany, Thanks

I too am a solo traveler and object to Princess telling me past cruiser discounts don't include singles. We have to pay 150-200% of the rate that doubles pay but are not entitled to the extra discount. I met one couple who had the same category cabin as me but my total was more than twice theirs. I was on one cruise that had 50 empty cabins and they still put me in a cabin on a Christmas cruise with a stranger that I booked a share with. I ended up getting my own because I knew the purser and the ship was empty but I also had damaged luggage which Princess never compensated me for and my would be roommate sat at my table in the dining room and I discovered she smoked cigars. That room would have reeked with the smoke on her clothes. Needless to say I never book shares anymore. The stories I could tell about share roommates but that is another post.lol By the way, shares don't get the discounts either.

Archived