Upgrading

ask when you get to the pier if you can buy and upgrade. Hate to say it but over the phone it will be at full rate but at the pier you may get a discount upgrade say maybe $400 for it. RCCL seens to not upgrade anything for free. Check the boards with upgrade in the search and there are many people who tell just how to do it for a lower rate. That is how we are going to try and move from our outside room to the balcony for about $400 ttl compaired to about $400pp it would be if we tried now.

I'm starting to lean towards the idea of an upgrade. I'm a firm believer in: book what you want, and booked an atrium on the Navigator, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. I know my daughter and I will be perfectly happy in the cabin, and we only went out on the balcony last year a small handful of times, but part of me is thinking it would be nice to have that daylight.

A couple of years ago, when I tried to upgrade on the Mariner (once I got on the ship) I was quoted a price of $600 to go from an atrium to a balcony.

Well heres my view. I had booked for next year on LOS Ocean View room which was really the limit of our budget. Then I got to reading these boards and hankered for an aft so I thought um.. well if we upgrade once to a balcony it is very unlikely an aft will be available so I telephoned my TA asking to be put on the wait list, thinking that by the time payment would be due a few afts might free up and then if he rang me I would be more in a position to know what my finances were up to.

Well, to cut a long story short, my TA said I would be put on the wait list. Well I kept reading all about these afts and thinking I really want one and ringing my TA to be told none available and then I rang and spoke to another person who actually typed in all the aft cabin numbers and said one was available. I accepted it and now have commited myself to the extra money.

So my opinion would be for you to look at the deck plans and choose a couple of cabins you would really like, call your TA to see if they are free. That way the choice is made for you.:o :o

Archived