Wrinkled clothes

karolm

the space bags prevent wrinkles and take up much less space in the suitcase.

after the trip the suitcase is nothing more than a hamper and with the saved space everything fits in just fine. i don't use the spacebags on the way home.

i was leary at first but was amazed that nothing was wrinkled.

I just purchased a travel iron this week to take on my cruise in March, not knowing it is a banned item - bother!

Unfortunately HAL does not have the list of banned articles published in their Details, Details section of the brochures & I don't have a copy of any past cruise documents..Like you, many people are not aware that Irons, Candles etc. are very dangerous on Cruise ships..You might be the most careful person, however if seas are rough & a large wave should hit the ship, it could cause an iron or candle to fall & start a fire..A disaster at sea! Most of HAL's ships (except Vista Class) have self service laundry rooms, that are wonderful for people like us who hate even one wrinkle:( ..LOL..However, I too will leave my iron at home..With that in mind you might want to purchase a steamer & also try the Downey Wrinkle Remover..

This is the quote from HAL'S WEB site: under the heading "Packing & Baggage", subheading "Stateroom Furnishings":

"For safety reasons, we respectfully request that you do not iron clothing in your stateroom. Ironing facilities are available at the self-service laundry rooms for your convenience on all ships except the ms Oosterdam,ms Westerdam and ms Zuiderdam. In addition, full laundry and valet services are available on all of our ships."

Some of HAL'S ships offer a pressing package but don't know exactly which ones they are & the cost..We've used their laundry service where you can stuff a bag full for $15.00..Everything including my DH's pajamas come back pressed.

The only other thing I can offer is what my friend always tells me: "Everyone else is wrinkled too" ;) LOL..Good Luck & enjoy your cruise..

Archived