My Wife Is Pregnant Ok To Cruise

GARDENCRUISER

Most cruiselines limit pregnancy to less than 26 weeks, so you should be fine there. Most mothers-to-be report no problems and significantly lower costs at the end of the cruise because they have not been drinking alcohol, too.

Check with your wife's Dr. just to be sure that she has no potential problems that could require cancelllation later; most travel insurance policies exclude pregnancy (pre-existing condition) as a reason for medical cancellation, but not all. So be sure to check the details of the policy you are planning on purchasing.

My wife is pregnant (due in June) and we are sailing on Jan. 21st. Princess will let you travel as long as you're not in the 28th week by the end of the cruise. We'll only be about 20 weeks so no problem with Princess. We talked to our Doc yesterday during regular check-up and he said no problem. They don't really like it but mostly because they are mother hens and don't want you too far away (his statement, not mine). As long as everything looks normal with the pregnancy then everything should be fine. I'll post an update when we get back. The big difference for us will be the bar bill - zero for her and probably considerably lower for me (drinking alone is no fun, right?). The other thing is picking excursions that are not very stressful and we are normally very adventursome and active. We have had some good advice for low stress/activity excursions on our Mex. Riv. cruise from people on this board. Hope this helps.

Nine years ago we cruised with our DD and her DH. She was four months pregnant. We all had a wonderful time. Actually, at home she was sick a lot with morning sickness, but seemed better during the cruise. She bought herself a maternity swimsuit and we had fun on several beaches and just laying around the pool. Was a wonderful trip for her to just relax and take it easy before their first baby came. If everything is going well with the pregnancy, you'll be just fine.

but assuming that she is not high-risk, she should have no concerns. But buy the trip insurance just in case something changes before the trip! Our 2nd cruise (16 years ago) I was pregnant with my firstborn, and in my second trimester when we embarked. It was a great time to travel - morning sickness was past and I had lots of energy still. My Dr gave me the go ahead and said "once you have small children there will be no more trips to the Caribbean." WRONG! My kids love traveling as much as I do! Best wishes to (all 3 of) you!

Archived