Eastern Europe Danube/Transylvania - date/weather ?

CJcruzer

what would weather be like at the tail end (last week) of March to mid April, for Eastern Europe Bucharest to Budapest cruise? Would it be better to go Budapest to Bucharest? as it may be colder in Carpathian mtns?

any past cruisers of this itinerary, your thoughts appreciated.

thanks

We did this itinerary late April - into the 1st few days of May. We had very hot weather (30+ Celcius). As someone who does not tolerate the heat (hence booking in late April), there were a few days that were very uncomfortable for me.

I would suggest starting in Bucharest, for the simple reason that you travel towards the areas that have recovered more from the oppressive regimes that controlled this area. Sort of travelling from the "have not" areas to the "have" areas. I have heard some people say they found it depressing travelling towards areas that are still struggling with recovering infrastructure.

We did this with Viking a few years ago - and truly enjoyed it. We are doing this cruise again this coming October - with Avalon. This time we are going to Transylvania at the start of the trip. And, we board the boat closer to Km 0 - where the boarding spot with Viking was Georgiou, Romania.

Fran