los may 20 review

This is a hard review to write. After 46 cruises this wasn't the best but in some

areas this ship shines. We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn precruise hoping to

get our wine at Spec's but time got away from us. Saturday night in Galveston is

very crowded and we ended up at a shrimp dive after a visit to Walmart to get

some baby supplies and bug spray. The next day we drove to the port, the traffic

wLiberty of the Seas

as unbearable, barely moved, just terrible. We had rented a car in Houston Hobby

and prepaid port parking but the drop off and shuttle back to the port was forever.

We did not have a crib as we requested in the room and had to ask for it several times.

I had an adjoining room with my daughter and 2 year old on the second floor. I do not recommend a 2nd floor cabin as 2332 had noise from below. It was convenient for getting off at the ports and our cabin steward Ronald was superb.

Unfortunately I received the Meet and Mingle notice after it had begun. The chocolate

breakfast was day 5, I found out on Day 6.

We had early dining at Boticelli. We had to request a larger table which we got and a

high chair but service throughout the week was terribly slow. I think this must be

the trainee dining room. Food was fair, better food at the buffet which was horribly

crowded for breakfast for several days. They tried to get people to leave making

announcements.

The ship itself is very beautiful. The 2 year old was able to get a bag of toys the first

days from the babysitting room. We did some free play time and really enjoyed the

splash area. It was well supervised keeping larger kids out of certain areas so the

little ones could play. The adult pool area was also very relaxing and there was no

shortage of jacuzzis. The towel situation is very annoying, they need more than one

station to get and exchange towels.

Entertainment was good especially compared to other lines. The ice skating show,

Saturday night fever and another singer were very good. Daytime not that much going

on though.

Several days were rough seas, we had rain in Cozumel. Costa Maya was a good day,

we enjoyed the port area and took a shuttle to the beach. In Roatan we went to Las Palmas Beach which was convenient as we could leave every hour to go back to the

ship.

Disembarking was a nightmare as there was an hour delay because someone did not

report to immigration or whatever. Long lines for an hour, my poor daughter 2 months

pregnant made it through the cruise only to throw up waiting on the long hot line

to get off. The port area was terribly crowded as there were people arriving and

waiting to be picked up at the same time. Many people missed flights to go home. We

just madea 2:30 flight back out of Hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review.

Did your group happen to do any of the babies and tots activities or leave your little one in the nursery during the cruise?

We are trying to understand what options we will have for both play time and at night with our 1yo while onboard.