Any good cruise suggestions for Summer 2019?

I am very excited about my upcoming B2B on Symphony. On each cruise, we end up discussing what we want to do next and I am starting to think forward to next year, particularly as it involves a special celebration.

We have done the Mediterranean and Caribbean multiple times now, and as much as I love the Oasis Class, I am ready to try a different itinerary. The appeal in doing SY this year was that she is the new kid on the block, but O5 doesn't come out until 2021, so there isn't any new Oasis Class to do next year.

I was considering Alaska but the options next year aren't great. We don't like Quantum Class (ruling out Ovation) and whilst Radiance offers the better itinerary, I think she is just too small after HM & SY.

Another cruise that I want to do is Independence post refurb out of Southampton, but certain members of our group don't want to sail from there.

Anyone got a possible suggestion? Something different would be great.

Freedom out of San Juan? Since it starts much further south, it hits a lot of islands that are difficult to get to from Florida. The family and I are doing this in December.

We have done Freedom and Independence and really like that class of ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Freedom out of San Juan? Since it starts much further south, it hits a lot of islands that are difficult to get to from Florida. The family and I are doing this in December.

We have done Freedom and Independence and really like that class of ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Freedom is definitely the weakest link in that class now. Possible option for 2020 after her refurb.

Ships and itineraries I have already done:

Jewel of the Seas - 12NT Scandinavia/Russia

Independence of the Seas - 14NT Italian Mediterranean & 11NT Canary Islands (x2)

Enchantment of the Seas - 9NT Canada & New England

Explorer of the Seas - 9NT Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean (also done on AN)

Serenade of the Seas - 12NT Mediterranean Greek Isles

Oasis of the Seas - 7NT Western Caribbean (also done on HM)

Allure of the Seas - 7NT Western Mediterranean (also done on HM and soon on SY)

Anthem of the Seas - see Explorer

Harmony of the Seas - 7NT Eastern Caribbean, see Oasis and Allure.

NEXT:

Symphony of the Seas - see Allure

I've had the privilege of seeing many ships and great places, but am ready for something new.

Doesn't look like you have done the Southern Caribbean....AKA...the ABC Islands. This itinerary is a fav of many of us...including myself. Does Royal do this itinerary? I know X does.

I haven't. It seems like a cool itinerary, but Freedom seems to be getting a bit tired so I think I will wait until her 2020 refurb.

Do you have to stick with RCCL? Have you tried Celebrity? AMAZING

Not my thing. Royal has the best ships in the industry and attracts a younger clientele. Celebrity isn't targeted at types like myself.

I would rather do Carnival then Celebrity, HAL or any of those types of lines.

Not my thing. Royal has the best ships in the industry and attracts a younger clientele. Celebrity isn't targeted at types like myself.

I would rather do Carnival then Celebrity, HAL or any of those types of lines.

Ahhhhh. Got it!

Is Alaska worth it? I sort of wish Explorer was staying. We didn't care for Quantum Class much and whilst Radiance Class is nicer, I fear that it would just be too small after so many Oasis Class cruises.

Carnival's or NCLs new ships out of California.

I love California. Would book if Royal had a ship there. As it stands, I'm fearing that trying Carnival or NCL will be a repeat of our experience on Anthem. They are probably the lines that I would try if I were to get bored of Royal though.

Question - If I got a bit bored on Anthem, is it worth trying anything smaller than Oasis Class? I loved Voyager and Freedom Class but those sailings were years ago.

What was missing on Anthem that you had on Oasis?

What was missing on Anthem that you had on Oasis?

Pretty much everything. No Cafe Promenade, no Ice Rink, not enough outdoor pools, very narrow ship, it creaked a lot and just felt really small. The gimmicks that Anthem had were reservation only. I liked the North Star, but reservations. Very long waits for Bumper Cars.

It might be that I loved Oasis Class so much, but I don't remember disliking either Indy or Explorer as much as Anthem. In fact, I think that they are among Royal's best.

Quite frankly, I thought that class of ship was a money-generating con and don't want to go on Ovation in Alaska as a result.

Question - If I got a bit bored on Anthem, is it worth trying anything smaller than Oasis Class? I loved Voyager and Freedom Class but those sailings were years ago.

You were bored on the Anthem????? Holy s$%#. Now I've heard everything! We had a blast....my kids in their 30's are still talking about it after a year has past..and they have been on tons of cruises. (including all of the Oasis Class Ships)

You were bored on the Anthem????? Holy s$%#. Now I've heard everything! We had a blast....my kids in their 30's are still talking about it after a year has past..and they have been on tons of cruises. (including all of the Oasis Class Ships)

I had high hopes for the Anthem, but it fell short. It just lacked that Royal Caribbean feeling and what we liked in a cruise.

Pretty much everything. No Cafe Promenade, no Ice Rink, not enough outdoor pools, very narrow ship, it creaked a lot and just felt really small. The gimmicks that Anthem had were reservation only. I liked the North Star, but reservations. Very long waits for Bumper Cars.

It might be that I loved Oasis Class so much, but I don't remember disliking either Indy or Explorer as much as Anthem. In fact, I think that they are among Royal's best.

Quite frankly, I thought that class of ship was a money-generating con and don't want to go on Ovation in Alaska as a result.

Well then, I'd go back to Freedom class, because it has those things you were missing. You will miss all the Oasis food venues though.

Well then, I'd go back to Freedom class, because it has those things you were missing. You will miss all the Oasis food venues though.

I really want to do Indy again, but I am the only one in our group that wants that as they don't like sailing out of Southampton.

Freedom is yet to have her refurb and is getting tired, so will save her for 2020 or later.

Liberty is the interesting one. I have wanted to see her after her refurb in 2016, but something scares me about sailing from Galveston.

I really want to do Indy again, but I am the only one in our group that wants that as they don't like sailing out of Southampton.

Freedom is yet to have her refurb and is getting tired, so will save her for 2020 or later.

Liberty is the interesting one. I have wanted to see her after her refurb in 2016, but something scares me about sailing from Galveston.

Don't rule out Voyager class ships. They are very close to Freedom class now, with all their refurbishments. Fewer guests too.

Don't rule out Voyager class ships. They are very close to Freedom class now, with all their refurbishments. Fewer guests too.

Adventure would be the only viable one of that class. Possible option though. I loved Explorer, but I just think that the little bit extra length sets Freedom Class apart from Voyager Class in a good way.

IMO...you are difficult to please. Stick with what you love and you won't be disappointed. I, personally like to try different things and NEVER stick to any one cruise line or ship. We have cruised almost every major cruise line and have loved every one of them for different reasons. You, on the other hand, want one specific thing..I truly hope you find what you are looking for....