Harvest Caye question

amc155

Lord help me, I can't seem to get an answer for this. LOL I asked on the NCL board and a couple of FB pages to no avail. Hopefully someone here can help me.

Question for anyone that has done an excursion through NCL for Harvest Caye: when your excursion was over did you have to get right on the ferry back to HC or were you able to explore Placencia a bit?

Also, has anyone done the Monkey River Eco Tour? Do you get on the boat for the tour straight from HC or do you have to go to the mainland first? Don't really want a beach day and trying to figure out what to do. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

We went to Harvest Caye last October and NCL does not offer any excursions to Placencia.  But there is a ferry to Placencia.  It takes about 15 minutes and I think it cost $20 or $40 I don’t remember, that was charged to our ship card.  You take the ferry over there and you have about 3 hours before the ferry returns to get you.  The ferry might run more often but that’s what we did.  

There is a wide sidewalk that you follow with houses and some shops along the way.  To the right over a ‘block’ was the coastline with several small beach clubs where you can eat or drink, reasonably.  To the left of the side walk is the town.  Not very pretty but kinda cool.  We went into a couple stores and bought some plantain chips, kinda like corn chips but real salty.  If you look at my profile I have a review and lots of pictures from Placencia.  

When we got got back we just wandered around Harvest Caye and hung out on the beach!  The food and drinks are not cheap on Harvest Caye. 

Edited by LuckyLori

• 2 weeks later...

On most excursions you have time to wander around Palencia. LuckyLori's information is dated and incorrect. If for some reason your tour operator does not give you enough time in Palencia NCL runs a ferry between Harvest Caye and Palencia most of the day.

Sorry to disagree but my information is correct!  I said it was from last October, which is dated but what we did on our trip to Placencia is correct.  

We we be cruising to Harvest Caye again in January and NCL still does not offer an excursion to Placencia.  But there is a ferry that goes there.  I also stated the the ferry runs back and forth all day.  Which I believe is still accurate.

We booked our excursion through ShoreExcursioneer.  But once we got to Placencia we did not trust the guide.  So we just walked around.  The wrist bands we got when we got on the ferry stated we would return on the ferry 3 hours later.  They do that so they know how many people will be on each return trip.  Otherwise there might be to many people trying to return at the same time.

As to your question about excursions through NCL, all the excursions leave from Harvest Caye and return to Harvest Caye.  You can’t book an excursion to Placencia through NCL.  You have to book through a 3rd party or maybe at the Harvest Caye excursion dock. We have booked the Spice Farm and Mayan Ruins this time through NCL.  

The ferry is is operated by Belize not NCL. It is $20 round trip per person and it is charged to your ship card.