Cabin Change after Docs issued - New Luggage Tags?

MelTed

Our cabin number has changed since our cruise docs have been printed. I read in the documents that RC will not reissue documents when the cabin number changes. Our luggage tags have the old cabin number on them. My TA told us to put the old tags on them, and was not sure if we would get new tags when we checked in.

Will we get new luggage tags at checkin? I'd hate for my luggage to end up in some other cabin.:confused:

You should be able to get new tags when you arrive at the pier. However, you might just want to buy some plain labels at an office supply store and, with a magic marker, put the new room number on them and apply them to the tags you already have. If all else fails and your bags don't show up within a reasonable time after you board, check your original room and see if they are there.:)

You can get new tags at the pier.

Just ask a porter :)

Sometimes they will fill them in for you, sometimes they will just had you the tags.

Whatever you do, do not use the old tags unless you change the room number. The luggage will go to the old room. :(

Did you happen to get an upgrade?

Bobbie

Do not up the old tags on. Your baggage will end up near your old cabin. Unless you take magic marker and cover the cabin #, deck #, and the forward or aft part. If you do there's not too much room to write your new cabin # on. Much easier to just get new tags from the proter at the pier. Plus your bags will end up where they're supposed to.

Did you happen to get an upgrade?Bobbie

Thanks to everyone for the input. I'll make sure and ask for new tags at the Pier.

We did get an upgrade in a sense. I was doing some surfing checking for reduced prices (a tip I got from this board), and noticed that I could go from a Category F (Oceanview, deck 4) to Category D (balcony, deck 7) for $50 pp more. Naturally, I called my TA and got it done immediately. Not only that, but the balcony room we have now is an aft balcony! This is our first cruise, and we are extremely excited!!!!:D

where can you look to see if upgrades are available and for how much?

I checked through Travel.yahoo.com, expedia.com, and RC's webiste to see if prices may have come down to get a credit for the difference. When doing this, I noticed that a better cabin was available for a slightly higher cost, and requested that my reservation be changed to take advantage of this. Saved me about $300 total on the upgrade.:D

Thanks to everyone for the input. I'll make sure and ask for new tags at the Pier.

We did get an upgrade in a sense. I was doing some surfing checking for reduced prices (a tip I got from this board), and noticed that I could go from a Category F (Oceanview, deck 4) to Category D (balcony, deck 7) for $50 pp more. Naturally, I called my TA and got it done immediately. Not only that, but the balcony room we have now is an aft balcony! This is our first cruise, and we are extremely excited!!!!:D

Congrats on getting an aft balcony - you're going to love it. Unfortunately it will spoil any thoughts of a lessor cabin for your future cruises.

Have a wonderful cruise - there is something magical about your first. Don't forget to post a review when you return.

Cheers,

Sue

Archived