From Bella to Fantastica and back! and the Classic beverage package

LynnTTT

In early June we booked a cabin on Seaside and just went with the Bella category with "Drinks on Us"

Then we checked on June 20 and saw we had been "upped" to a higher cabin and shows as the Fantastica experience, which also gives us free room service etc.

Just checked today and now we are back to Bella category.

What gives?

Also, some people said they were offered an upgrade to the Classic beverage package for $18 per day ( $ 26-29 regularly), Was this made just before the cruise, or can you call and request it?

I'll try to help......

My mother & I booked our June 9, cruise 9 weeks in advance. It was shortly after they started their Drinks on Us offer. As you know it is very limited, and you must pay the 15% grats on the value of each (eligible) drink you order. We were ok with this, and planned on making it work for us. We also booked a Bella OV room, figuring it would be fine for us.

A few days later we were assigned a deck 14 Fantastica Balcony. Obviously we were thrilled. And also wondered if we get the fantastic experience perks. The answer to that is "NO". You booked as Bella Experience. So that is what you remain at. No free room service or 12 drinks vouchers. If you call the MSC number, you have the option to upgrade to Classic pkg, which is $18/day pp. We ended up doing that at $126 each and were very satisfied with that package verses the Deluxe drinks pkg which was $26/day pp. Although I agree it is a great choice, we were tryinh to take a vacation on a budget, and felt that for us, the Classic pkg was an acceptable option. You will accrue points on MSC at the level you purchased in from (which is Bella). Have a great cruise!!!