Favorite ship to Alaska?

minniemom

Between Celebrity and Hal, is one of them nicer? More expensive? Better food? Better entertainment? Don't gamble so I don't care about that at all.

I'd say they are comparable. Celebrity only goes to Hubbard Glacier. HAL has some ships that go to Hubbard Glacier and some that go to Glacier Bay.

Minniemom

After sailing on Disney twice, I think your best bet would be sailing on Celebrity or HAL. Although Princess, RCI and NCL are all pretty good, cruisers that I know who have sailed on all lines mention above rave about Celebrity's service and food. (They truly treat you famously)

To answer your question about not sailing out of Seattle, I believe is because they are mostly all RT and seeing only the southern coastline. By doing the NB or SB you will see more of Alaska which is breath taking.

Funny, I sail DCL a lot and my second favorite is CCL. I love their new ships. Would love to see one of their new ones out in Alaska.

Minniemom, I have also sailed DCL twice, both western. We loved the ship. We are not gamblers or drinkers either and I am travel with my 69 year old parents. Three generations traveling from 69 - 9!!!!

I chose NCL Sun out of Seattle because it is RT. The only going in one direction was confusing to me being my first experience cruising to Alaska. My parents have cruise NCL before and liked the freestyle dinning. My mom said, in her opinion it fit her busy schedule better.

After reading some of the replies here, I am a little nervous going out of Seattle.

But we had six free plane tickets so that is where we are leaving from.

Have a great time planning your trip. We will be cruising May 27, 2006 to Alaska.

Archived