Bermuda

Question. Im looking into booking a 60th birthday cruise for my BF to Bermuda in the beginning of Nov next year (either the Dawn or Escape).

My question is with respect to forward or aft facing suites. Would we have a better experience with a aft facing balcony or forward?

My thought was the ship would be protective and it 'might' be warmer (less wind more sun?) with an aft facing. The temps in Nov are chilly in evening but looks like somewhat mildly warm during the day.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd love to hear your advice, experience and thoughts.

Also.. Is it worth the money to splurge on a suite?

TIA

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We sailed in a forward Penthouse on the dawn in late October early November last year and absolutely loved the room. we had booked an aft and switched because we heard being back there you can occasionally smell the exhaust(not sure how true it is). If you book aft I would avoid deck 8 as it is right above bliss lounge so you'd likely get noise. deck 10 is below the spa and above 2 floors of rooms so I cant imagine noise being bad.

we were on deck 9 and had no noise issues and only slight rocking once on a rough night at sea.

temperature wise we were happy with a hoodie on our balcony.

We think the suite/haven experience is well worth it, but it depends on how much you would want to use it. the priority boarding and disembarking is awesome. We were in our car on the highway 20 minutes after leaving breakfast. The butler service is so nice for a leisurely trip, dinner en suite or breakfast waiting for you in the morning is nice if youre looking to relax. if you want to be out and about and don't want to use those perks it really all depends on your preference.

The forward rooms are also larger according to the ncl website, both suite and balcony. https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/dawn/deck-plans#dsr2

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. It sounds like the time of year is nearly the same.

Did you feel the higher price for the cruise worth the room, concierge service and the extra space?

What did you like most about Bermuda? What would you, in hindsight, should have skipped?

We sailed in a forward Penthouse on the dawn in late October early November last year and absolutely loved the room. we had booked an aft and switched because we heard being back there you can occasionally smell the exhaust(not sure how true it is). If you book aft I would avoid deck 8 as it is right above bliss lounge so you'd likely get noise. deck 10 is below the spa and above 2 floors of rooms so I cant imagine noise being bad.

we were on deck 9 and had no noise issues and only slight rocking once on a rough night at sea.

temperature wise we were happy with a hoodie on our balcony.

We think the suite/haven experience is well worth it, but it depends on how much you would want to use it. the priority boarding and disembarking is awesome. We were in our car on the highway 20 minutes after leaving breakfast. The butler service is so nice for a leisurely trip, dinner en suite or breakfast waiting for you in the morning is nice if youre looking to relax. if you want to be out and about and don't want to use those perks it really all depends on your preference.

The forward rooms are also larger according to the ncl website, both suite and balcony. https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/dawn/deck-plans#dsr2

I apologize my screen was frozen and i didnt see the bottom of your reply when you answered in depth about the service vs charge.

Please ignore that in my follow-up question.

I apologize my screen was frozen and i didnt see the bottom of your reply when you answered in depth about the service vs charge.

Please ignore that in my follow-up question.

No problem! In short- yes it was worth it to us. We cruise to relax as well as explore so having those bonuses was awesome.

We had our 6 month old with us so kept Bermuda tame. We enjoyed the glass bottom shipwreck tour, and walked to snorkel park beach one day. Its maybe 5-10 minutes at a slow pace and was a nice small beach with the gorgeous Bermuda water. I think admission was $5 a person and extra if you want chairs set up. It doesn't have the famous pink sand but was quite empty when we went which worked well.

I would love to explore the island more that's possibly my biggest regret but with an infant you cant get far but there's always a next time :)