Port Intensive and Picture Intensive Trip Report for Jewel's E Mediterranean cruise

Gorgeous, thick bathroom napkin towels – we took some as keepsakes.

DSC07198b_zps5wfqnj8a.jpg

I have not mentioned the traffic yet. OMG, it is crazy in Rome. Motorcycles everywhere, no one follows the rules and they park wherever they want and drive so close to people. I could never drive there. There is very little police presence, so no one follows the laws. You have to be a bit crazy. My sister lives in Sicily and, prior to our trip, I couldn’t understand how she did not want to drive. Now, I do!

Bedtime! Tomorrow will be a long but glorious day!

Tuesday,10/24/17, Day 5 - Florence, Italy

We went on a tour to Florence today. (550 euros) Fabrizio (or Flavio as Frank called him yesterday mixing his name up with a famous Roman leader) picked us up at 6:30 am to beat the traffic. Boy, that was a scary ride. Very fast highway and very congested when we got to Florence. Some of the streets were only car wide. Girls were sitting on the what I would call a sidewalk in the very loosest of terms, and their feet were less than inches from the passing tires. Can’t imagine living here!

First,we went to see Michelangelo Square with great views of the city of Florence.Beautiful!

DSC07313b_zpsywirj4y1.jpg

DSC07318b_zpsjprfgf8d.jpg

DSC07236b_zpsz5vnjyn3.jpg

DSC07295b_zpsvlbba6do.jpg

DSC07262b_zpsvniddbvi.jpg

Then, we went to the Accademia museum that houses the statue of Davide. We had prepaid tickets for 12 pm (AAI’s suggested time), but since we had gotten there so early, Fz decided it would work in our schedule best if we did the museum first. He spoke to the ticket guy, who was not at all that helpful, but Fz had us stand in the line anyway and then he talked to the guy at the door, who let us in, although it was very crowded outside. Very nice! We were extremely nervous because that is so not us, but Fz had it all figured out! It is a small museum, but very interesting. The Davide is the main attraction. I was surprised at how overcome I was to see it in person. It was just a wow factor. Afterwards, we got some pastries at a shop where Fz was parked. Very fortuitous!

DSC07324_zps4pklpflg.jpg

We went next to the Pantheon. Frank was taking pictures – said he got some good ones – and then he messed up the camera and it was all black. M could not fix it standing in the middle of the crowded Pantheon. She was putting it away and asked F if he had the lens cap because she told him to put it in his pocket when he took it off so they don’t lose it. He was patting his pockets and could not find it. Finally, they realized it was on the camera – he had been taking pictures with the lens cap on. LOL!!

DSC07060_zps9whasn0n.jpg

DSC07065b_zpsftfbekse.jpg

DSC07067_zpsjfdlghdm.jpg

DSC07076b_zpszpkiu697.jpg

DSC07077_zpsvgmvjvku.jpg

Some people should not be allowed any technology. Just have them hold brochures

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forums mobile app