Lunch options on boarding day

Shoveler

New to NCL

"All ships we have sailed have a bar area that has a checked bag service. For free, tagged and staffed. We find that area first, check our carry-ons and head for lunch or a quick walk of the ship.

At checkin will they be able to tell us how to find this??

What is available on the SUN for lunch for embarkation?

Its a smaller ship, yes?

TYIA

I might have to try that this cruise, although I suspect I'll get overruled and we'll head to the buffet as usual.

I suspect it has to do with capacity, one dining room is no where near sufficient to handle even a good fraction the guests embarking for their cruise. I cannot recall on the Getaway, but I do remember having to hunt for a table on Carnival ships when getting on board, I can't imagine what it would be like in a MDR if a large portion of the guests were headed to it.

We have never had trouble getting seated for lunch either in the MDR that is open or at O'Sheehans. They have always seated us within a couple of minutes. The aft MDR on NCL Jewel class ships is huge and easily accommodates embarkation day lunch crowds.

NCL does sail away right; deck party, MDR open for lunch, O'Sheehan's open for lunch, and the buffet, of course.