Carnival Pride cabin question

tamcbyrd

I am sailing on the Pride on 9/12 and have a catagory 8E booked on the Empress deck. I was considering changing it to a catagory 9A The Deuxe large balcony stateroom when I saw that it was 230 sq ft. My only concern is that I noticed that all of the 9A rooms are behind the elevators. Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms? Can you hear the elevator? Or should I just keep my private balcony stateroom. I am a first time cruiser and I keep driving my self crazy about room selection. I also have considered a catagory 11. It will be just me and my husband in the room. I would appreciate any sugestions about room selection for this cruise.

Thanks, Tammy

I was on the Pride in an 8I category. We were about 2-3 rooms away from the elevators, didn't hear them a bit. Also on the Spirit(laid out exactly the same as the Pride) booked an 8H, was upgraded to an 11. LOVED it. Just a bit more room & storage space, and the balcony was significantly larger. Hope this helps! Don't sweat it though. I've had anything from inside rooms to suites. If you make up your mind to be happy with what you have, you will be! Good luck!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;24;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10/24/2004 Carnival Miracle

Tammy,

I was in cabin 6329 Empress aft. I believe it is a cat. 11. It was a beautiful room.

There is a sitting area with couch, TV, desk, ref/bar. Then you can enter the bedroom from a choice of 2 doors, one off of the sitting area and one off of a small hallway that leads to the bathroom. This small hallway also contains a vanity.

The bathroom is LARGE. It has a full tub and a double sink counter top.

The bedroom is a large size (I have been in an inside room that was smaller!). Ther is a tv and nice large window, plus lots of closet space.

The balcony is a wrap around the side kind. it is long. I did not care for the type of chairs available on the balcony and there were only 2. If I go in this room again I would ask for them to bring up loungers.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

I have not been in this cabin, but have noticed this question quite often requarding the spirit class ships. All relpies have been positive reguarding 9A's and noise. I don't recall any anyone saying the elevators ever disturbed then, but that it was a very convienent location.

Go for it.

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

• 2 weeks later...

Last year on the Legend (all Spirit class ships are laid out the same) we had an a Cat. 11 guarentee (not sure of the spelling!) Well, we got the cabin NEXT to the very aft ones with the wrap around balcony on Deck 4. The problem is there is an outside stairway and it cuts your balcony in half! We still enjoyed the large room but the balcony was a disappointment. If you go Cat. 11, try to get one of the very aft cabins with the wrap around balcony..this is what we have on our upcoming cruise and I am soooooo excited!

Now as to the Cat 9A...while waiting to disembark, we wandered around looking into the various cabins as the stewards were cleaning them. We saw the 9A...it is a large cabin, tucked away from the elevators and looked really nice! We considered getting one of these for our next cruise but when we saw the Cat 11 wrap around balcony open...we jumped at it! I have also heard there is NO noise problems from the elevator.

So, my suggestion is try for either the very aft Cat 11 suite with the wrap around balcony, or Cat 11 midship, or the Cat 9A..hope this helps!

*******Proud member of O.A.T.C.******

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

6/12/04 2nd Anniversary on The Carnival Miracle

inlove.gif

6/2003 Carnival Legend

1st Anniversary

inlove.gif

6/2002 Celebrity Mercury

Honeymoon

Archived