Cabin 1001 Celebrity Horizon

jaz33

Hi All

I am travelling on the Horizon on the 10th December 2004 for a 12 day cruise with my partner. I have cruised a few times before around the Mediteranean and once in the Caribean. My partner has not cruised before and is very nervous about it. Mainly because we have a 10 hour flight from the UK to Tampa but also about cruising itself even after all my reassurances.

Let me get to my question. We have booked cabin 1001 on the atlantic deck (First Cabin left hand side right at the front of the ship)and is a Concierge Class cabin. Is this a good cabin or have we made a mistake and try to book another. My partner is very worried about sea (motion) sickness and the last thing we need is for her to be ill for the whole cruise.

Any help will be appreciated.

We were in 1017 on our last Horizon cruise and had no problem whatsoever. Many suggest that you try to book midship. I think that it depends on where you are crusing. The Bermuda trip may be a bit rough at times but, Caribbean cruises are usually quite calm. Considering that the suites are in this area, I would think that Celebrity considers this a good area of the ship.

When are you cruising? We are on the 11/29 Eastern on Horizon.

Thanks for that MSUSigmaK that is really helpful. First time on Celebrity so don't really know what to expect, apart from the stuff I read on these boards.

The Horizon is wonderful. Being a small ship, the employees do get to know you especially when it is a 10 or ll night cruise. And, they take wonderful care of you.

The Horizon is going into drydock after the last October cruise for refurbishing. It will be interesting to see how she looks after that. One cabin already has a balcony and who knows how many will after the drydock.

Consider signing up for the Cruise Critic party. A nice way to get to know others on your cruise. And, check to see if there is a roll call for your cruise. Both do not commit you to being with others who post but, do give you an opportunity to find out what others have planned for ports. Many have been to these places before and provide great ideas of what to do and what to avoid.

Have a great cruise!

Archived