Disembarking the STAR

snow1

We haven’t cruised NCL in a few years. If I remember correctly you are given color tags to place on your luggage that will tell you what time you disembark. How do we get the tags we need to guarantee us getting off the ship at a particular time?? We are catching a train to Rome and don’t want to miss it.

Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You select your own tag colour based on when you want to leave, although I think there are limited quantities of each colour (I haven’t used them recently so can’t say for sure whether you have to rush to get popular times).

If you have latitudes status (I believe it is platinum or higher) then you get specific tags which allow you to leave at any time.

Another option is to carry your bags off yourself. If you can handle your bags then this is often the best option if you are in a rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We haven’t cruised NCL in a few years. If I remember correctly you are given color tags to place on your luggage that will tell you what time you disembark. How do we get the tags we need to guarantee us getting off the ship at a particular time?? We are catching a train to Rome and don’t want to miss it.

Thanks !!

The tags have times associated with them and pick them up from the customer service area the day before. If you are really worried about it you can walk off with your bags. We went in early October last year and Venice was fogged in...we didn't even get to port until after noon. I am not sure if that is the norm or not. It was no big deal for us since we were spending a night in Venice before catching the train to Rome the next day but a lot of people missed trains/flights.

Fog can occasionally be an issue in Venice, although you were still fairly unlucky to have a problem as it is still relatively rare.

The OP is docking in Rome, where weather problems are extremely rare. I have a vague memory of a ship reporting missing Rome (when it was just a port of call) a few years ago, but don’t recall any reports of late arrival at all.

Thanks everyone. And Keith we are docking in Venice. Sorry for the confusion

OK, sorry I didn’t read your post correctly. I assumed you were referring to the train into Rome from Civitavecchia.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about the weather, although obviously things can happen.

Another issue you do have in Venice is that the port doesn’t officially allow self walk off, so it is worth making sure you get a tag as soon as you can once they make them available to make sure you get an early time.

OK, sorry I didn’t read your post correctly. I assumed you were referring to the train into Rome from Civitavecchia.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about the weather, although obviously things can happen.

Another issue you do have in Venice is that the port doesn’t officially allow self walk off, so it is worth making sure you get a tag as soon as you can once they make them available to make sure you get an early time.

I could have sworn people could self walk off when we disembarked.

Edit: this was our experience:

"When we finally reached port and cleared the Cruise Director announced that people who carried their own luggage could depart but emphasized that only people who carried their own luggage could disembark and if anyone with luggage tags tried it would screw up the whole process. Well what do you think happened?!?!? So many people who had checked their bags tried to disembark that after several warnings the Italian authorities shut down disembarkation. I get it…your flight is leaving soon but was there something confusing about “only people who carried all of their own luggage would be allowed to disembark"? About 15 mins later things resumed apparently without incident. "