Vegan on Freedom...

Were you vegan on your previous Royal cruises listed in your signature?

No... i usually travel with my husband, this time I’m going with my daughter and she is vegan... I would never be able to not have the prime rib..lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last year on Freedom the head waiter brought over a piece of paper with the vegan menu for the next night printed on it. Usually had a soup or appetizer, salad, and a main course. First and ONLY time I’ve seen a vegan menu in my 4 sailings as a vegan.

Oasis showed me my menu for the week in MDR on night one and I never had to look again. Every item was excellent. Same thing on Brilliance, but they kept making me special items each night off menu without me even asking! We will see how things go on a Enchantment this weekend. I had the vegan note added in advance, but do not trust it or the special needs email people are noting...go directly to the dining room as soon as you get on board and chat with them and it should all go smoothly. In Windjammer ask for a chef on day one at lunch. On Oasis and Brilliance a chef gladly came out, walked me personally around the buffet, told me what was coming up for the rest of the cruise, and said to find him each day and he would be happy to show me my options at all meals. I felt like royalty...and people kept looking at me like “who the heck is this guy getting personal food tours every day.”

Oasis showed me my menu for the week in MDR on night one and I never had to look again. Every item was excellent. Same thing on Brilliance, but they kept making me special items each night off menu without me even asking! We will see how things go on a Enchantment this weekend. I had the vegan note added in advance, but do not trust it or the special needs email people are noting...go directly to the dining room as soon as you get on board and chat with them and it should all go smoothly. In Windjammer ask for a chef on day one at lunch. On Oasis and Brilliance a chef gladly came out, walked me personally around the buffet, told me what was coming up for the rest of the cruise, and said to find him each day and he would be happy to show me my options at all meals. I felt like royalty...and people kept looking at me like “who the heck is this guy getting personal food tours every day.”

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums