Rhythms of the Night

changand

Has anybody been on othe Rhythms of the Night excursion in Puerto Vallarta? Would you recommend it? Negatives? Positives?

This is your basic dinner show. It takes place at the same location as the Las Caletas day excursion. Involves a 45-60 minute (or so) boat ride to the south side of the bay.

Everything is lit by candle light or torches and you are seated at tables according to the size of your party. Very romantic evening for a party of two. Buffet style all you can eat with an open bar.

The show is set in a hillside theater. Seating is on open benches. The show is a representation of the mythological origins of the Mexican native populations.

Bring a small flashlight to navigate to/in/around the bathroom facilities. Just candles in the facilities. All walkway are native terrain with natural tripping hazards (tree roots) so wear closed toe shoes or remember to not drag your feet when walking. Take a light jacket or sweater as it can be a bit chilly on the boat ride.

It is a nice evening activity. We take guests when they ask to go but don't make it a regular activity when we are in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

This is your basic dinner show. It takes place at the same location as the Las Caletas day excursion. Involves a 45-60 minute (or so) boat ride to the south side of the bay.

Everything is lit by candle light or torches and you are seated at tables according to the size of your party. Very romantic evening for a party of two. Buffet style all you can eat with an open bar.

The show is set in a hillside theater. Seating is on open benches. The show is a representation of the mythological origins of the Mexican native populations.

Bring a small flashlight to navigate to/in/around the bathroom facilities. Just candles in the facilities. All walkway are native terrain with natural tripping hazards (tree roots) so wear closed toe shoes or remember to not drag your feet when walking. Take a light jacket or sweater as it can be a bit chilly on the boat ride.

It is a nice evening activity. We take guests when they ask to go but don't make it a regular activity when we are in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

Is there an other way to book this excursion other then with Carnival? My husband and I really thought this excursion looked fun. It it best to book with the ship?

Jennifer

Is there an other way to book this excursion other then with Carnival? My husband and I really thought this excursion looked fun. It it best to book with the ship?

Jennifer

Vallarta Adventures is a lead excursion contractor with many cruise lines. As a general rule, you can't book directly with VA (at a reduced cost) if your cruise line sells the same excursion. I have to give them the hotel name and my arrival date when I book via the internet. As far as I know, there is one show a night with everybody coming on the same boat. The excursion boat normally starts up in Nuevo Vallarta, swings down to the maitime terminal to pick up cruise passengers & in-town vacationers and then heads over to the Las Caletas site. There are a couple third party excursion sellers, like Vallartaonline.com, that offer the tour. You could try booking through them to avoid paying the high ship price. I use them to book the Geronimo daysail every year. http://www.vallartaonline.com/tours/RhythmsoftheNight/.

They charge roughly the same price as if you had booked directly with VA and received the internet booking discount.

Enjoy!

We enjoyed this tour very much when we did it ourselves - the only thing I've heard is that on cruise days it can get pretty crowded and not so romantic.

Geronimo now offers a Lobster Dinner Cruise that is very good, but it doesn't have the show of course.

Vallarta Adventures won't let you book it directly with them, but you can always book it online to save yourself some money.

Just do a Google search for "Rhythms of the Night Tour" and you'll find several booking agents that offer online reservations.

Archived