Dining/seating

napper777

Looking to try MSC after many NCL cruises. Does MSC have dining seating times I must choose from? If so, what are the choices? Can my choice be changed mid-cruise? Does MSC require passengers to sit at the same table with fellow passengers? Is "My Dining" akin to NCL freestyle (whatever time you like)? How much does My Dining cost? Do I have to get it with the Aurea experience or can I obtain it without? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Does MSC have dining seating times I must choose from? -> Yes.

If so, what are the choices? -> Depending on the size of the ship early - middle - late or early - late. Because many people from Southern Europe dine really late, "late" could also bei 22:00!

Can my choice be changed mid-cruise? -> Yes.

Does MSC require passengers to sit at the same table with fellow passengers? -> Yes, but there are also tables for 2. Guests are usually grouped on tables together by language.

How much does My Dining cost? -> Cannot buy,

Do I have to get it with the Aurea experience or can I obtain it without? -> No, not without. But depending on the ship also Fantastica balcony get Flexi Dining. Note that Flexi Dining sometimes also comes with a "better" menu and speciality dishes in a special restaurant. If you want to know more, have a look in my review "Armonia 2011 and 2018".

You can only get MyChoice dining with an Aurea booking (YC guests also get to choose what time they'd like to dine).

Perakcruiser ... I'd just like to clarify the "Flexi-Dining" that you referenced because that term was used for Fantastica bookings and was cancelled as it didn't work out. However, I know what you're saying. On the Lirica-class ships, it's only Fantastica suites, along with Aurea, that get MyChoice dining and the menus are enhanced. We booked one on Armonia because of this (we would have booked Aurea, otherwise).

For some reason, on ships where there are 3 sittings, it's not yet possible to choose the mid-time slot, only the early or late seating. There's no way to tell how people get allocated the mid-time slot.

Chances are you will be seated with other passengers if you don't have MyChoice. There are very few tables for 2 and are usually allocated to those celebrating milestone birthdays/anniversaries or those with special needs/medical problems. Black Card members of Voyagers Club get priority if there are any left available.

The m'D will do his best to facilitate you if you need to change your allocated time or table either at the beginning of the cruise or during it. However, that's subject to availability.

Perakcruiser ... I'd just like to clarify the "Flexi-Dining" that you referenced because that term was used for Fantastica bookings and was cancelled as it didn't work out. However, I know what you're saying. On the Lirica-class ships, it's only Fantastica suites, along with Aurea, that get MyChoice dining and the menus are enhanced. We booked one on Armonia because of this (we would have booked Aurea, otherwise).

Sure, sure, Flexi Dining is the dead pig they sold us on the Meraviglia and then cancelled before the cruise without giving notice or offer any compensation :cool:

But on the Armonia it is definitely not just Fantastica suites, also Fantastica balcony got access to the MyChoice dining place, i had to read it every day for two weeks ;)

Does MSC have dining seating times I must choose from? -> Yes.

If so, what are the choices? -> Depending on the size of the ship early - middle - late or early - late. Because many people from Southern Europe dine really late, "late" could also bei 22:00!

Can my choice be changed mid-cruise? -> Yes.

Does MSC require passengers to sit at the same table with fellow passengers? -> Yes, but there are also tables for 2. Guests are usually grouped on tables together by language.

How much does My Dining cost? -> Cannot buy,

Do I have to get it with the Aurea experience or can I obtain it without? -> No, not without. But depending on the ship also Fantastica balcony get Flexi Dining. Note that Flexi Dining sometimes also comes with a "better" menu and speciality dishes in a special restaurant. If you want to know more, have a look in my review "Armonia 2011 and 2018".

Thank you so much! Will definitely read your review!!

You can only get MyChoice dining with an Aurea booking (YC guests also get to choose what time they'd like to dine).

For some reason, on ships where there are 3 sittings, it's not yet possible to choose the mid-time slot, only the early or late seating. There's no way to tell how people get allocated the mid-time slot.

Chances are you will be seated with other passengers if you don't have MyChoice. There are very few tables for 2 and are usually allocated to those celebrating milestone birthdays/anniversaries or those with special needs/medical problems. Black Card members of Voyagers Club get priority if there are any left available.

The m'D will do his best to facilitate you if you need to change your allocated time or table either at the beginning of the cruise or during it. However, that's subject to availability.

Bea, really appreciate the detailed information!!